• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benched in T minus 3 weeks"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Not yet but it's looking more positive.... Part of me wants a few weeks off to relax and start a plan B.

p.s.
    thanks for asking
    Shhh. My reputation of forum bad ass is on the line here.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Gigged up yet?
    Not yet but it's looking more positive.... Part of me wants a few weeks off to relax and start a plan B.

p.s.
    thanks for asking
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 December 2013, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Gigged up yet?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I am looking, but there is nothing worth going for at the moment and I doubt it will change until the new year. So I am technically benched, although I will be enjoying the time off....
    Wrong. It's a market. It ebbs and flows. I was looking for around 4 weeks before whoosh I had two gigs lined up all at once (a first for me, and not showing off, but it shows how markets can turn).

Don't be disheartened. Every application is one application nearer your next gig. This is just basic sales and laws of averages.

Also jobserve is not the only site.

Plenty of smaller job boards and alternatives. Also start building your linked in network, rehashing your old clients etc. Perfect time of year to invite old bosses out for a drink as you "will be in the area".

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    coming up to 4 years of contracting, benched for the first time in 3 years. I don't expect to find a contract between now and the new year so it looks I'll be chilling on the bench for a few weeks.

keep that bench warm for me will you guys.
    Noobie, listen. Pimps are lining folks up for January starts. Get off your arse and hammer jobserve you fookin layabout.

I just bailed on a gig to start a new one 4 weeks this side of Christmas.

Come along, come along!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I am looking, but there is nothing worth going for at the moment and I doubt it will change until the new year. So I am technically benched, although I will be enjoying the time off....

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Not worried, hence the

I turned down an interview for a role that was a bit far away, so obviously not desperate.....
    You're not benched unless you're looking for a gig and can't find one. Otherwise it's just a holiday

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    lucky sod, I could do with a few weeks off over the xmas holidays.
    Why not speak to your boss

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    If you worry about being benched you don't have enough war chest. I look forward to bench time as should everyone! More Plan B time!
    Not worried, hence the

I turned down an interview for a role that was a bit far away, so obviously not desperate.....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Plenty of room with all the booms there've been lately

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    coming up to 4 years of contracting, benched for the first time in 3 years. I don't expect to find a contract between now and the new year so it looks I'll be chilling on the bench for a few weeks.

Do you mean that you don't expect to find a contract or that you are not looking for a contract before then?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

If you worry about being benched you don't have enough war chest. I look forward to bench time as should everyone! More Plan B time!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

lucky sod, I could do with a few weeks off over the xmas holidays.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    started a topic Benched in T minus 3 weeks

Benched in T minus 3 weeks

Working...
X