• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched in T minus 3 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I am looking, but there is nothing worth going for at the moment and I doubt it will change until the new year. So I am technically benched, although I will be enjoying the time off....
    Wrong. It's a market. It ebbs and flows. I was looking for around 4 weeks before whoosh I had two gigs lined up all at once (a first for me, and not showing off, but it shows how markets can turn).

Don't be disheartened. Every application is one application nearer your next gig. This is just basic sales and laws of averages.

Also jobserve is not the only site.

Plenty of smaller job boards and alternatives. Also start building your linked in network, rehashing your old clients etc. Perfect time of year to invite old bosses out for a drink as you "will be in the area".
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Gigged up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Gigged up yet?
        Not yet but it's looking more positive.... Part of me wants a few weeks off to relax and start a plan B.

p.s.
        thanks for asking
        Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 December 2013, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Not yet but it's looking more positive.... Part of me wants a few weeks off to relax and start a plan B.

p.s.
          thanks for asking
          Shhh. My reputation of forum bad ass is on the line here.

Comment

Working...
          X