• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Darn my favourite number plate has been banned - lets get one past the censor."

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Here's one for Tony: BL14 RSY

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    As a Bolton lad, are you not making a case for NO63 END to be release?

Nob End - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There was a pub there too (now a house) called the Nob End Inn.

You might catch a glimpse of it in the movie Spring and Port Wine, James Mason chasing Diana Coupland about from Deane to Darcy Lever to Prestolee Locks in two mins. Impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I meant A6000 FO
    As a Bolton lad, are you not making a case for NO63 END to be release?

Nob End - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I meant A6000 FO

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I had A6000 OFO not legal tho

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    I knew a contractor who had BL03 JOB as his plate!

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    COM 1C should be taken off Jimmy Tarbuck on the grounds of Trades Descriptions....
    + 1 !

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    PEN 1S and ELV 1S both were at least never released.....

COM 1C should be taken off Jimmy Tarbuck on the grounds of Trades Descriptions....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Could have M1 NGE or

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Given they've got NO63 END, I'm surprised they didn't ban BE14 END

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    I think "NOB" is still valid, which looks "good" with any other combination.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pity they haven't got anything better to do with their time and our money.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    There is always TULIP

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    How is OM63 WTF offensive?

Rather than banned it was probably reserved by somebody in DVLA

Leave a comment:

• Darn my favourite number plate has been banned - lets get one past the censor.

B4NN3D: DVLA draw up list of X-rated number plates to be censored on grounds of 'poor taste' | Mail Online

Censors have been busy banning certain letter combinations from the road - with many plates starting with PR, SH and SL having to be scratched.

This includes such variations such as PR14 CCK, SH14 TTY, SP14 STK, SL14 AGS and SK14 NKY.

The 14-reg is also responsible for plates such as AL14 LAH, CR14 PLE and BU14 SHT.

In addition, a fear over glorifying terrorism has seen any numberplate ending with J14 HAD also being vetoed.
    This included variations of numberplates such as BU63 GER, FA63 HAG, HU63 NOB and NO63 END.

The 14-plate, which is due to start appearing on new cars in March next year, is a boon for personalised numberplate fans as 14 can be made to appear to read as a I or an A
    Censored: The 14-plate, which is due to start appearing on new cars in March next year, is a boon for personalised numberplate fans as 14 can be made to appear to read as a I or an A

Also vetoed were OR63 ASM, OR63 YYY and a host of combinations that start VA63. SO63 OMY was also outlawed as was PU63 RTY and LU63 FER.
    OK so let's have from the clever on here any legal number plates from this year 14 that read as naughty words!
    Last edited by vetran; 27 November 2013, 10:50.

Working...
X