• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fake ad?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fake ad?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well that's ok then. Wonder if Adam's other ads are all mistakes too.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Reply from the ASA below. Make of it what you want -

As you know, we’ve been looking into your complaint against Argyll Scott.

We’ve now been in contact with the advertisers about this matter, who in turn investigated internally. They explained that, firstly, they’d like to apologise for the mistaken publication of the job ad in question, which was displayed in error. They noted that this is used as part of internal web advertising training and was labelled in such a way to try and ensure that it was not posted to the public domain. However in this case, the ad was posted mistakenly and once the error had been realised (within approximately 30minutes), it was promptly removed. The consultant who had posted the ad then reposted it erroneously with a job title in place, as he tried to correct his previous error. Once the consultant’s manager realised that this had been done, the ad was removed immediately to avoid any further confusion and to ensure that no individual would be mislead by the job ad.

Due to the incident, Argyll Scott explain that they are now undertaking a thorough review of their training programmes to make sure this never happens again.

Given that they’ve taken steps to rectify the matter and ensure it doesn’t happen again, we will therefore close our file on that matter.

I do hope that this information is helpful to you, and finally I’d like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring this matter to our attention.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    They've butchered my second comment, though, which asked whether the new job (matching the fake job) was real or not.

and mine asking if it still needed two references.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Fake AD ? - Jobswerve's response.
    They've butchered my second comment, though, which asked whether the new job (matching the fake job) was real or not.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Provided you posted a suitably asinine comment (I did I'm sure you'll be safe.
    of course

Glad to see jobswerves response to my post, but happier to see the added comment from a n other (MS?), looking forward to their (non) response

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    Still riding high on my newsfeed. currently 401 likes and 88 comments.

As an early liker and commenter I note the increase in "whose viewed my profile" and wonder if i've managed to extend my benchtime !

Amused to see a couple of Argyll Scott peeps amongst the viewers - but I don't work in the IB or Finance world so not losing sleep.
    Provided you posted a suitably asinine comment (I did ) I'm sure you'll be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Well, it's turned up on my newsfeed and I hardly use linked in.

I think you've gone viral MS.
    Still riding high on my newsfeed. currently 401 likes and 88 comments.

As an early liker and commenter I note the increase in "whose viewed my profile" and wonder if i've managed to extend my benchtime !

Amused to see a couple of Argyll Scott peeps amongst the viewers - but I don't work in the IB or Finance world so not losing sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Well, it's turned up on my newsfeed and I hardly use linked in.

I think you've gone viral MS.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    28K views.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You posted it under "Mudskipper" did you?
    I did a search for mudskipper in LinkedIn and one of the result's photos looked remarkably like G*****e

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Fake AD ? - Jobswerve's response.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Damon View Post
    Link?
    I don't know how to. It appears in my feed because agents that are in my network have either liked it or commented on it.

348 likes 67 comments now

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The next advert Argyll Scott will be putting up will be for a new recruitment agent I reckon

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Linky?
    If they publish it, then I'll post the link - it's all on a submission basis.

(You should consider sending in some of your client experiences as well )

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Saw it too.
    324 likes, 67 comments so far. Most of them seem to be recruiters attacking their peers, some defending.
    Link?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X