• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where are they now?"

Collapse

• James Tiberius Kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bump.
    No one missed you

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That's going back a bit. CUK seemed to have fewer unpleasant, abusive people in those days. The rise of the lefties!

Brought a Viz this week for the first time in ages. The Bottom Inspectors is an eerily accurate portrayal of what life will be like if Corbyn gets in.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Expat was first onto this version of the board: http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/7-hi.html
    Born 1820, still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• bfg
    replied
    some of us just lurk now

being to ashamed to join in having gone to the dark side

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Thread resurrected!

RIP Fleety!
    Much like yourself...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Thread resurrected!

RIP Fleety!

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    it's not what it used to be

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    WCS.
    Just gave him some rep too

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What was Fiddleabouts website again? Been looking for a link to it? He had a joke site, I remember a pair of dogs bollocks, but cannot remember the site.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    His ex-girlfriend I think.
    No it wasn't. I worked with him for a while and he told me that some bloke on a football forumn posted a pic of his girlfriend and everybody used her pic as their avatar on there

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    We've had a number of versions of the board. There was a board pre-2005 as well, but our present Admin took over then.

At the possibility of being incorrect and as usual possibly out of turn, James Leckie I believe was the founder of the board those many many years ago. The site changed hands in 2005/2006???

Now we are just posting pawns and only a few know who Admin is. Or as he likes to call himself No 1!!!!

Who is No 1 ????
    I have heard that you are No 2..............

No hang on.... they said you were an ugly turd! Sorry my mistake!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not the first to register though: after administrator, the first was chubba, then cisplatin (no posts, so may have been a test account), Contractor UK, swamp, EqualOpportunities (whose last post, rather ominously, was in the thread he started entitled "how do i stop the bleeding") and then expat.

EDIT: oh, and there are no earlier posts than that in the sanitised version of the database I have access to.
    We've had a number of versions of the board. There was a board pre-2005 as well, but our present Admin took over then.

At the possibility of being incorrect and as usual possibly out of turn, James Leckie I believe was the founder of the board those many many years ago. The site changed hands in 2005/2006???

Now we are just posting pawns and only a few know who Admin is. Or as he likes to call himself No 1!!!!

Who is No 1 ????
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 12 May 2010, 18:30.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Expat was first onto this version of the board: http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/7-hi.html

Did Admin pull across some of the posts from the previous one though? If so there should be even earlier posts that that one.
    Not the first to register though: after administrator, the first was chubba, then cisplatin (no posts, so may have been a test account), Contractor UK, swamp, EqualOpportunities (whose last post, rather ominously, was in the thread he started entitled "how do i stop the bleeding") and then expat.

EDIT: oh, and there are no earlier posts than that in the sanitised version of the database I have access to.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

sorry but under the circs I can hardly let that one go!
    He'd really have appreciated it.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down

Momento mori

sorry but under the circs I can hardly let that one go!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X