• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Job role in Burma

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job role in Burma"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I'm sure he looks great in an orange jumpsuit.
    He'd need to go on hunger strikes first to fit in.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's changed and it is fine for him to do this.
    I'm sure he looks great in an orange jumpsuit.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Don't you have US citizenship?

Burma is on the GEC list, which IIRC applies to all US citizens & companies. i.e. you cannot supply goods or services without a license.

Or has it all changed. Can't be @rsed to google.
    It's changed and it is fine for him to do this.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    You are on here constantly moaning about having to commute huge distances. Why would anyone do this?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Don't you have US citizenship?

Burma is on the GEC list, which IIRC applies to all US citizens & companies. i.e. you cannot supply goods or services without a license.

Or has it all changed. Can't be @rsed to google.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Are you going to send SY over as a sub ?
    There are still sanctions in place re WMDs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's about the experience, not the money. Plus I see a new import plan B opportunity presenting itself :-)
    they make sledges?

must admit was in Tesco the other day and saw a sled, stifled a grin.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    It's about the experience, not the money. Plus I see a new import plan B opportunity presenting itself :-)
    Are you going to send SY over as a sub ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well you're right about the half-wits, but the more successful contractors don't need to travel to the arse-end of nowhere to earn a pittance.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So nobody has any experience to offer. Once upon a time this site was full of experienced contractors with worldly advice, now it's full of dull repressed half wits who cannot see outside their limited view of a monthly invoice and an £8k a year salary.

CUK is dead. Long live CUK.
    Well you're right about the half-wits, but the more successful contractors don't need to travel to the arse-end of nowhere to earn a pittance.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So nobody has any experience to offer. Once upon a time this site was full of experienced contractors with worldly advice, now it's full of dull repressed half wits who cannot see outside their limited view of a monthly invoice and an £8k a year salary.

Its telecom's in a remote part of the world that had 100% sanctions imposed upon it by absolutely everyone until last year..

Hence no one has a clue what its like there as you couldn't blooming well get there let alone work there... And on the obscure holiday front North Korea is still easier to get to...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

This is General, dullard.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nope. Suity was the PM....
    And I bet no bugger reads the lessons learned log next time round.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Was he shackled to MF?
    Nope. Suity was the PM....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X