• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Surprise 'Go-Live' cake shenanigans"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    And for your team?

Celebrating ethnic diversity...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Or the R101 - both of which used Hydrogen, not hot air as their source of lift.

FFS! I despair, I really do!
    In fairness, it was full of hot air once it ignited

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Hindenberg is close. Come on it's not difficult. What do I spend most of my time doing?
    It's a cake shaped like a man eating a cake? How recursive.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    And for your team?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You're all wrong. It's one of these.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Hindenberg is close. Come on it's not difficult. What do I spend most of my time doing?
    NSFW

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Eating?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Present company has a habit of celebrating client 'go-lives' with a cake. They have special custom cakes made for each client based on their logo, project or what the company does.

My internal poison chalice project I've been working on for a year goes live on Saturday night & I & my team are flying to different locations around the globe on Sunday/Monday to be sitting in each global hub(timezone) to give assistance / additional training / trouble shooting & then tied to a 48 hour warroom with the development / support teams in case of issues.

Somebody just ordered me a cake.

Anyone want to guess what it's shaped like?
    In Amsterdam we celebrated with weed cake, that way nobody noticed any glitches.
    Last edited by Paddy; 7 November 2013, 16:05.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    The Millenium Dome ?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Ah got it! It's a mouth with tulip pouring out of it?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Crashing and burning?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    What do I spend most of my time doing?
    bulltulipting ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Flying round with a giant swastika on your horizontal stabiliser? :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Being a blimp?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X