• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to debug a crap boss"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    I explain how to deal with managers like me in The Register
    Ignore them?

God I wish people would

C'mon folks let's see more DC threads with zero replies

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You wouldn't want peppercorns in your flaps!
    The risk of eating in bed I spose.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You wouldn't want peppercorns in your flaps!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Absolutely not; those things are no laughing matter.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Absolutely not; those things are no laughing matter.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Are we talking about SY02 now?
    Please tell me you didn't just make a joke about Mrs Suity's flaps!!

You Sir are a cad!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Read the first 6 paragraphs and have had about as much of the patronising drivel as I can stand.
    That's a bit rich coming from you

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nope, sorry. Too heavy for me. Is there a cardboard version with lift up flaps.
    Are we talking about SY02 now?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Female bosses are at the extremes the good ones are like gold dust, the bad ones are just plain vindictive especially against other women
    I dunno - when I was the boss, I think I managed mediocrity with aplomb.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I meant they actually give a toss what their staff need and want and try to help them get it.
    They communicate rather than assume everyone knows what they mean.
    They give definite positive approval and explain when you have missed the point / objective.
    Its not a competition its collaborative (mainly).

There are some battulip crazy ones as well.
    Female bosses are at the extremes the good ones are like gold dust, the bad ones are just plain vindictive especially against other women

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I meant they actually give a toss what their staff need and want and try to help them get it.
    They communicate rather than assume everyone knows what they mean.
    They give definite positive approval and explain when you have missed the point / objective.
    Its not a competition its collaborative (mainly).

There are some battulip crazy ones as well.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Well for start Simon Travaglia will be spinning in his server room that you appropriated the BOFH tag for this.

None of the behaviours you describe are related to working in IT in anyway. Bad bosses are bad bosses full stop, regardless of the business you are in. All you did was give some new names to the archetypes that have been doing the rounds for years and chuck in a few tech references to sell it as relevant for The Reg.

Mines the one with the modified up cattle prod in the pocket, and a role of carpet and shovel in the boot.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't worry Sue he doesn't mean the lezzie ones.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no actually not, had some good female colleagues who are managers. They tend to be more in touch with their staff.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Are you suggesting that 80% of crap bosses are female?
    no actually not, had some good female colleagues who are managers. They tend to be more in touch emotionally with their staff.
    Last edited by vetran; 6 November 2013, 19:19. Reason: Edited so we don't over excite SueEllen

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Nope, sorry. Too heavy for me. Is there a cardboard version with lift up flaps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X