• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I am being taken to court"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Oh, and while you're here, could you please sort out the poll on the Christmas Party thread in social - it was supposed to be public. Ta muchedlyness.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Does now.
    Excellent. Thank you. If only everyone showed the same care for the little details in life.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Whoever tagged this thread:

Please think about alphabetical order of your tags.

every cloud has, a silver lining

is never, ever going to appear in the right order....
    Does now.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Whoever tagged this thread:

Please think about alphabetical order of your tags.

every cloud has, a silver lining

is never, ever going to appear in the right order.

I refer you to the 'estate agents' thread as a good example of what can be achieved even when multiple taggers take the alphabet into consideration.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    He's an agent. That's like a Manx cat claiming compensation for a tail injury.
    Harsh but fair..

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Dodgy should claim PTSD (or more convincingly an acquired brain injury) and approach a no win no fee company.
    He's an agent. That's like a Manx cat claiming compensation for a tail injury.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    This ^

Had a similar crash a few years back was nice to the idiot that caused it. Then he tried to say it was my fault. Then I told the **** I would see them in court took 10 minutes to get their insurance company to cut me a big fat cheque for all the damage and time they wasted.

Moral : always use a claims co and ensure you are fully compensated.

If they are not insured take everything you can from them.
    Dodgy should claim PTSD (or more convincingly an acquired brain injury) and approach a no win no fee company.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Insurance companies assert blame in part by looking at the point of impact. I am not sure what a court would do, but if you would have gone through your respective insurance companies, they would have looked at the point of impact on both vehicle to a ascertain whether you drove into her or whether she pulled into the side of you.
    This ^

Had a similar crash a few years back was nice to the idiot that caused it. Then he tried to say it was my fault. Then I told the **** I would see them in court took 10 minutes to get their insurance company to cut me a big fat cheque for all the damage and time they wasted.

Moral : always use a claims co and ensure you are fully compensated.

If they are not insured take everything you can from them.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Make sure that when you get to court, you get an employer's character reference for her.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    FFS

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You didn't send it on paper with an agency letterhead did you?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Joking aside, there is little damage to my car (and there was very little to hers -quite how they have blown it up to £1000 is beyond me). If it is a matter of me not having notified my insurance company then I am done for m'lud. This is not the insurance company taking me to court it is her and she is claiming that I collided with her! which considering the bill for damage to her car shows repairs to the "front offside wing" and I now have a quote for the "nearside passenger door" seems utterly ridiculous.

Her Insurance company wrote to me "ticking me off" for writing directly to her. I then suggested that given the evidence contradicted her claim it was clearly in her better interests to talk to me direct. I then asked them to show me examples of previous incidents where a car has moved sideways/backwards into the front offside wing of another car.

They have chosen to ignore me

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Not me; I can't stand this practise of trying to get damages for every little misfortune that befalls people in life. Not even if the misfortune involves a recruitment agent.
    Agreed. The typical scenario is that the person at fault admits blame, then when they discuss it with family and/or colleagues those folks persuade them to go for a payout.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Read your insurance docs. Mine says that the insurer will only cover claims notified within 6 months of accident. We're still in that so should be the same for yours.

Telling or not telling your insurance company won't have any impact on who is right and who is wrong.
    Plus a lot of insurance has 'free legal cover' so you might be able to save yourself a few quid

Leave a comment:

Working...
X