• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am being taken to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Not me; I can't stand this practise of trying to get damages for every little misfortune that befalls people in life. Not even if the misfortune involves a recruitment agent.
    Agreed. The typical scenario is that the person at fault admits blame, then when they discuss it with family and/or colleagues those folks persuade them to go for a payout.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Joking aside, there is little damage to my car (and there was very little to hers -quite how they have blown it up to £1000 is beyond me). If it is a matter of me not having notified my insurance company then I am done for m'lud. This is not the insurance company taking me to court it is her and she is claiming that I collided with her! which considering the bill for damage to her car shows repairs to the "front offside wing" and I now have a quote for the "nearside passenger door" seems utterly ridiculous.

Her Insurance company wrote to me "ticking me off" for writing directly to her. I then suggested that given the evidence contradicted her claim it was clearly in her better interests to talk to me direct. I then asked them to show me examples of previous incidents where a car has moved sideways/backwards into the front offside wing of another car.

They have chosen to ignore me
      You didn't send it on paper with an agency letterhead did you?

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

FFS
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Make sure that when you get to court, you get an employer's character reference for her.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                Insurance companies assert blame in part by looking at the point of impact. I am not sure what a court would do, but if you would have gone through your respective insurance companies, they would have looked at the point of impact on both vehicle to a ascertain whether you drove into her or whether she pulled into the side of you.
                This ^

Had a similar crash a few years back was nice to the idiot that caused it. Then he tried to say it was my fault. Then I told the **** I would see them in court took 10 minutes to get their insurance company to cut me a big fat cheque for all the damage and time they wasted.

Moral : always use a claims co and ensure you are fully compensated.

If they are not insured take everything you can from them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  This ^

Had a similar crash a few years back was nice to the idiot that caused it. Then he tried to say it was my fault. Then I told the **** I would see them in court took 10 minutes to get their insurance company to cut me a big fat cheque for all the damage and time they wasted.

Moral : always use a claims co and ensure you are fully compensated.

If they are not insured take everything you can from them.
                  Dodgy should claim PTSD (or more convincingly an acquired brain injury) and approach a no win no fee company.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Dodgy should claim PTSD (or more convincingly an acquired brain injury) and approach a no win no fee company.
                    He's an agent. That's like a Manx cat claiming compensation for a tail injury.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      He's an agent. That's like a Manx cat claiming compensation for a tail injury.
                      Harsh but fair..

Comment

Working...
                      X