• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to invert an artic"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Lorry maintenance is very regular.

http://www.transportsfriend.org/pdf_...worthiness.pdf

appendix 4.

Plus a driver has to do a daily walk around.

Now retreads ...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Move over slow coach.

I might have guessed!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Chances are it wasn't the artic driver's fault, probably a bunch of hyper-impatient type A personality drivers desperately trying to nip in front of the lorry before it reached the queue onto a slip road.

Move over slow coach.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Having lost me glasses again I initially read that as how to invert an attic.

Actually that's a great idea, if a the average roof was the other way up it would keep the rain off just as well but, instead of gutters and 2 or more drain pipes you could have one big central pipe and stick a turbine in it to provide electricity.
    Nurse!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Having lost me glasses again I initially read that as how to invert an attic.

Actually that's a great idea, if a the average roof was the other way up it would keep the rain off just as well but, instead of gutters and 2 or more drain pipes you could have one big central pipe and stick a turbine in it to provide electricity.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    chances are it was someone chasing a run-away war chest.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    What odds do y'reckon I could get at Paddy Power that the lorry driver's not from the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    BBC -
    "A lorry driver has been arrested following a crash that closed the M25 between junctions 23 and 25 and left four people injured.

The road was shut near Potters Bar, in Hertfordshire, after a lorry overturned across a central reservation.

One man was in a critical condition and another was seriously injured.

Police said the man, who is being held in custody, had been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving."

So not the account manager in his 318d for once.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Anyone seen Sockpuppet recently?

Just asking' like...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'd bet 99% of accidents caused by mechanical failures are nothing to do with mechanics messing up, or parts failing, but are from owners neglecting the upkeep of their cars.

There was that "inverted" coach incident recently where the owners had fitted a 20 year old tyre they found lying around the yard. Do we blame the tyre manufacturer?
    Yeah that was a bit extreme IIRC the tyre was older than the coach it had been fitted to!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Or they could simply have lost control of the car due to mechanical failure, a tyre blow-out... unless you want to charge a fiver to the mechanics who last serviced the car, or the tyre manufacturer.
    I'd bet 99% of accidents caused by mechanical failures are nothing to do with mechanics messing up, or parts failing, but are from owners neglecting the upkeep of their cars.

There was that "inverted" coach incident recently where the owners had fitted a 20 year old tyre they found lying around the yard. Do we blame the tyre manufacturer?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Most of that has nothing to do with the accident. It's just like that.
    Aye, it's grim darn sarf.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Glad I wasn't in the area for that!!! Leave the office, turn the sat nav on and get this... Yuk!!

Most of that has nothing to do with the accident. It's just like that.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Good Pedantry

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Glad I wasn't in the area for that!!! Leave the office, turn the sat nav on and get this... Yuk!!

The South, innit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X