• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thicko

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thicko"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Many 2-3 year-olds can use an iPad scarily well. Apparently at this kind of age they are earning to write faster than their fingers can keep up with the dexterity needed, so tools which allow them to express themselves without relying on such manual precision can be quite useful.
    Yeah, he's a whizz on smartphones and ipads. It's bizarre to watch.

PS. Thanks for the assistance.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Well volunteered that man!
    +1.

After that could you explain it to Mrs Eek.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Who wants to tell MP about DNS/VPN services to allow watching non-UK content?
    Well volunteered that man!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Next you'll need the internet

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Does your laptop and TV both have one of these:

Next you'll need the internet

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    iFlicks will convert anything into m4v or whatever, tag it properly and stick it in iTunes for streaming to the AppleTv or any iDevice. All my stuff is done that way - all in iTunes not scattered about here and there..
    Now that's a bit groovy, I can set it to watch a given folder which then imports it into iTunes, if I can automate it fully I am set!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Sorry mini-MP

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Lovefilm is available via Airplay.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Buy a raspberry from here:

CPC Raspberry bundle

and go here for help for beginners. You'll also then have a handy computers for when mini-Nor is older and getting interested.

Raspberry PI Forum (offical)

Is there something Nor's not telling us?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Buy a raspberry from here:

CPC Raspberry bundle

and go here for help for beginners. You'll also then have a handy computers for when mini-Nor is older and getting interested.

Raspberry PI Forum (offical)

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1. As soon as it allows a limited set of apps I will buy one. But without lovefilm, netflix or xbmc its not a winner for me...
    AppleTV does Netflix

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1. As soon as it allows a limited set of apps I will buy one. But without lovefilm, netflix or xbmc its not a winner for me...
    aTV Flash (black) | FireCore

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I am as much of an Apple Fanboi as the next but Apple TV never sold me, £100 for something that can only stream content from iTunes or select providers is a bit much
    iFlicks will convert anything into m4v or whatever, tag it properly and stick it in iTunes for streaming to the AppleTv or any iDevice. All my stuff is done that way - all in iTunes not scattered about here and there..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X