• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jesus was invented by the romans"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And people mock Christians for believing mad, poorly sourced material.
    I think pity is more accurate than mock tbh. Although no more so than believers of most other religions.

In some ways some of them are quite worrying in that they look forward to being in heaven and non believers being tortured in hell, anyone who looks forward to people being tortured for eternity as part of their eternal paradise has a worrying streak.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Went out drinking with someone who has written a few books on the subject (Templar revelation, masks of Christ, scion revelation etc) she reckons Jesus was just a pretender who was jealous of John the baptists fame, and even had a hand in his death, in addition Mary magdalene was the brains of the outfit.
    And people mock Christians for believing mad, poorly sourced material.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    This could be a moment
    I suppose that was one way to guarantee a steady supply of Christians to feed to the lions.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Went out drinking with someone who has written a few books on the subject (Templar revelation, masks of Christ, scion revelation etc) she reckons Jesus was just a pretender who was jealous of John the baptists fame, and even had a hand in his death, in addition Mary magdalene was the brains of the outfit.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I thought Thomas was a tank engine not a transvestite
    I don't know but trannies do go on about the Romans

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Are you a-doubting Thomas?
    I'm doubting the rep system

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mudskipper again.
    madmadmadmadmadmad

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I thought Thomas was a tank engine not a transvestite

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Only if you think the gospel of Thomas is true.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    So heaven is full of transvestites? You can see why the 72 virgins thing caught on can't you.
    Only if you think the gospel of Thomas is true.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."[/I]
    So heaven is full of transvestites? You can see why the 72 virgins thing caught on can't you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I really want to start a parody thread "Jesus was invented by the Mormons" but I don't think that sends the right kind of message. If one of you heathen lot wanted to, that'd be OK though

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    The First Council of Nicea

My own view is that something that was made up wouldn't have the legs to have spread to all 4 corners of the globe and lasted for over 2000 years. Just a thought though....
    Why not? All it takes is for people to believe it and a government to take it up. Also, even if everything claimed about Jesus was true we have no reason to believe he was telling the truth about anything.

Do not forget the part about all of the dead saints coming back to life and wandering around! Although only one gospel saw fit to record that. Although it is also strange how God is all powerful but there are various things he cannot do etc.

As for contradictions in the bible ... surely not ... although ... Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

My own view is that something that was made up wouldn't have the legs to have spread to all 4 corners of the globe and lasted for over 2000 years. Just a thought though....
    Do you think scientology will be around in 2000 years ?

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Sorry I thought this was already known...

The Romans had a documented meeting a few hundred years after the crucifixion and decided between them what went into the old testerment...

There was a very good documentary on it a few years ago

Leave a comment:

Working...
X