• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend!"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've done that before, but I realised I was a named version behind, and things seem to rot quite rapidly in Eclipseland, so I figured I'd bite the bullet.

Then it turned out Eclipse Marketplace is down, so I decided the Universe didn't want me doing anything today.
    I can even solve that problem for you buy and use Intellij IDEA

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Don't you use a mac. Just time machine back to before you began....
    I've done that before, but I realised I was a named version behind, and things seem to rot quite rapidly in Eclipseland, so I figured I'd bite the bullet.

Then it turned out Eclipse Marketplace is down, so I decided the Universe didn't want me doing anything today.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Well, I thought they were bloody brilliant. We bombed it through Bracknell forest for an hour and had a ball. Will definitely do one of those city tours one one that seem to be ubiquitous in the US now.
    Excellent - might give that a go.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Thanks for asking.

Mrs P has a works do tonight, so I will be cooking Suuuper spicy chicken wings and making a pondy shaped arse dent in the sofa.
    Sat: Sanding down polyfilla and first coat of paint in the living room, then out for dinner
    Sun: Hopefully finish the painting, replacing radiators, furniture, tidying up etc

WFH all next week
    Lol I was still thinking about your arse dent when I got onto "polyfilla" and had a mental image of you trying to use it to fix the sofa

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I made the rookie mistake of installing updates for my Eclipse plugins. Current status: starting from cold with a new Eclipse installation. Should have the plugins I need installed and configured sometime around 9pm
    Don't you use a mac. Just time machine back to before you began....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I made the rookie mistake of installing updates for my Eclipse plugins. Current status: starting from cold with a new Eclipse installation. Should have the plugins I need installed and configured sometime around 9pm

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Cough. A couple of segways.
    Well, I thought they were bloody brilliant. We bombed it through Bracknell forest for an hour and had a ball. Will definitely do one of those city tours one one that seem to be ubiquitous in the US now.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    this weekend i shall be..

1) taking the sledgehammered remains of the allotment cottage ripped out kitchen and flooring to the skip
    2) possibly going to view the Maersk Majestic
    3) Planning my soon to be purchased fish tank aquascape in the style of this or this and writing a shopping list for bits needed

You miss her ?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    why?
    Why not? Saves washing mugs and as I'll be looking like a tramp, might as act like one

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Fri: Pizza and Breaking Bad
    Sat: Cooking for a wedding with GF#1
    Sun: Going to a wedding with GF#1 (not ours BTW!)

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    You'll go blind
    It is a risk worth taking, after the operation to make it 12 inches long!!!!
    Although I am not having it cut in half again, I can tell you that

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    You'll go blind
    Its new so either he's had a recent operation (unlikely) or he's talking about something else...

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Might play with my new spear.
    You'll go blind

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    this weekend i shall be..

1) taking the sledgehammered remains of the allotment cottage ripped out kitchen and flooring to the skip
    2) possibly going to view the Maersk Majestic
    3) Planning my soon to be purchased fish tank aquascape in the style of this or this and writing a shopping list for bits needed

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    A friend is going through a rough patch so she is staying with us tonight. Will probably have a takeaway and watch a film.

Dropping armour off to my armourer tomorrow for repairs and to restrap my shield, then taking the kids to a theme park.
    Nothing planned for the evening. I will try to find time to play with some new C++ concepts from the latest release.

Church Sunday morning, fight practice Sunday afternoon. Might play with my new spear.
    I am guessing that Sunday evening will be spent drugged up to stop the pain of the rib I seem to have popped out last week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X