• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Introducing a new CUK acronym:"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    I vote for a new title for SAS too.

How about : CretinMaster General?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    JAW
    You can't call Sas a that will scare many people from ing in case they turn into Sas.

Blooming heck you've actually given the bible bashers a scare story that will stop boys ing

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    JAW

JAC off

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I've decided with the current infestation of cretinous imbeciles on CUK that it's not worth wasting my time arguing with all of you (those who are cretins, that is).

Therefore if I label a post of yours with this acronym: JAC (Just Another Cretin), this is a handy shortcut for the following:

"Your post is ignorant, childish, puerile, lacking in any knowledge of the subject matter, clichéd, downright stupid, vapid, venal or any combinations thereof"

HTH
    JAW

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    JACP! Next!
    It'll just be another 'boy who cried wolf!' situation. We'll become immune, if we're not already, to this.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    SAS - King of the cretins
    JACP! Next!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    . Perhaps even sentence level 'jacing' is necessary.
    Desirable, perhaps, but impractical.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I think you're right, we need three levels. So here's the latest iteration:

JACP - Just another cretinous post
    JACT - Just another cretinous thread
    JACI - Just another cretinous individual (for indivuals, most of whose posts/threads are JACPs/JACTs).
    SAS - King of the cretins

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do you mean label a post, or a thread? Thread-level-jacing might not be granular enough.
    I concur, considering the ability of some posters to contradict themselves in one thread and accidentally say something sensible in one post. Perhaps even sentence level 'jacing' is necessary.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do you mean label a post, or a thread? Thread-level-jacing might not be granular enough.
    I think you're right, we need three levels. So here's the latest iteration:

JACP - Just another cretinous post
    JACT - Just another cretinous thread
    JACI - Just another cretinous individual (for indivuals, most of whose posts/threads are JACPs/JACTs).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Also I'd like to introduce a complementary acronym : JACT - Just Another Cretinous Thread.
    This is a thread where most of the posts/posters are JACs.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sasguru might sometimes be a little impolite but I agree on the need for a 'cretinwatch' service on CUK.
    Who needs a cretin watch when it's always cretin o'clock?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Sasguru might sometimes be a little impolite but I agree on the need for a 'cretinwatch' service on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It may be easier just to label threads without cretinism as njac, and take jac as read for the rest. That's what I do.
    True dat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X