• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: David Moyes sacked

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "David Moyes sacked"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    <<placeholder>>
    David Moyes sacked by Real Sociedad - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    "The Clitheroe town centre bar [where the assault allegedly happened] describes itself as 'half coffee shop, wine bar and brasserie; half interior design superstore', offering a 'unique, intoxicating lifestyle experience'."

WTF?
    Maybe he punched the person who wrote that. Can't blame him

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    He's turning into Hugh Lawrie.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    He's going to get into a lot of fights if he can't handle stick for his awful tenure.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by GazCol View Post
    To add to a pretty bad year for him, he's now facing a charge of assault.
    "The Clitheroe town centre bar [where the assault allegedly happened] describes itself as 'half coffee shop, wine bar and brasserie; half interior design superstore', offering a 'unique, intoxicating lifestyle experience'."

WTF?

Leave a comment:

• GazCol
    replied
    To add to a pretty bad year for him, he's now facing a charge of assault.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Oh oh!

Is AtW alright?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I thought so to but they clearly feel he was the wrong man and I'm inclined to agree. He never seemed to have the mentality for it IMO, his whole mindset, the level of expectation he placed on himself and the team, attitude to the opposition and such like came across as if he thought himself and the team mediocre. He lacked that "winning mentality" that Ferguson and the players themselves had.
    Now come on, be fair. he did win the Community Shield. Against mighty Wigan Athletic.

And some lower league title with Preston.

qh

Leave a comment:

• GazCol
    replied
    I can't say I'm happy with this.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, I'm not too worried TBH. Utd will get another manager, and be there or thereabouts, but they aren't going to get another Ferguson.

We on the other hand seem to have landed on our feet with Henry's ownership, I like the long term vision and respect for history and the value of the club as an institution, what they are planning on doing with the stadium sounds good, they are bringing youth through into the first team and it's working well, they have a few local boys as well which I like, Rogers seems to be a hell of a good pick as manager and has that winning mentality, hopefully he will be around for a while and the team will be in the same sort of form next year.
    I'm a Bolton fan. Help me....

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Plenty of other Moyes/UKiP jokes starting to circulate.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    As a Liverpool fan.....I am disappointed
    As a Liverpool fan, I'm not too worried TBH. Utd will get another manager, and be there or thereabouts, but they aren't going to get another Ferguson.

We on the other hand seem to have landed on our feet with Henry's ownership, I like the long term vision and respect for history and the value of the club as an institution, what they are planning on doing with the stadium sounds good, they are bringing youth through into the first team and it's working well, they have a few local boys as well which I like, Rogers seems to be a hell of a good pick as manager and has that winning mentality, hopefully he will be around for a while and the team will be in the same sort of form next year.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    One of the biggest problems was that he got rid of all the old backroom staff and bought in his own.

Surely there should have been a transition as they say that this is one of the reasons he lost the more senior squad members who were used to dealing with the old guys.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I thought that was the point of hiring Moyes, they were investing in him for the long term.
    I thought so to but they clearly feel he was the wrong man and I'm inclined to agree. He never seemed to have the mentality for it IMO, his whole mindset, the level of expectation he placed on himself and the team, attitude to the opposition and such like came across as if he thought himself and the team mediocre. He lacked that "winning mentality" that Ferguson and the players themselves had.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    As a Liverpool fan.....I am disappointed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X