• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last day in Gig - exciting things I could do?"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    1) Get your timesheet signed.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No idea. When you're being kicked out, there's barely enough time to clear your desk, let alone anything else

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No idea. When you're being kicked out, there's barely enough time to clear your desk, let alone anything else
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No idea. My gig just never ends.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    the office at 5pm IMO...
    5pm - that is, like, seriously out-of-hours....
    Besides, I like to head-off around 3pm on Friday's to beat the 'leaving-London-for-Suburbia' crowd.....

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Pot consumed with aid of container engraved with biz name.
    FTFY - liking the concept, however remote the possibility, m'Lud

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Seen / done these.

Posh cakes for the lot of em. Not Greggs the £1.50 buns from a Boutique cupcake shop. Depends on the rate obviously.

Bottle of something nice / Chocolates for the decision makers & the ones that made the effort to help.

New plant for the office. Pot engraved with biz name.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Naked streak though the office at 5pm IMO... Certainly won't forget you which could be useful if any new work comes up.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Take the whole office down the pub for a round, it's cheap marketing
    Ah, did that the other day....not the whole office, natch!

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Code:
    INSERT INTO DUAL VALUES '1';

COMMIT;
    Do it under someone else's login, and preferably under a time delayed trigger.

They'll call you back in as the expert to fix it when the system comes crashing down.

(Note, this only works with Oracle, and may result in a less than positive response)
    LOL - perhaps not; I think I may be back here one day....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Code:
    INSERT INTO DUAL VALUES '1';

COMMIT;
    Do it under someone else's login, and preferably under a time delayed trigger.

They'll call you back in as the expert to fix it when the system comes crashing down.

(Note, this only works with Oracle, and may result in a less than positive response)

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Take the whole office down the pub for a round, it's cheap marketing

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    started a topic Last day in Gig - exciting things I could do?

Last day in Gig - exciting things I could do?

So, 6 month gig coming to an end today....managed to get my Programme Manager to bin me 2 weeks early, so I can start new gig next week.

What special fun do you reserve for last day antics?

(Bearing in mind I liked the gig, got on with the bods and may well come back here one day!)

Working...
X