• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So I'm presenting this meeting"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The client does not pay for your flights?!!

Epic FAIL.

HTH,

SAS
    Of course the client doesn't pay for flights. I add the cost of the flights to my invoice. And a bit extra for the admin involved. And VAT.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Maybe slow for peasants like you in Economy, but I'm a club world flyer and BA gold member. Priority queues all the way.
    Premium economy i'll have you know

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    SF airport is not one you want to be rushing through. The security checks there are a nightmare. It took me 1 hour to get from one flight to another through SF, with no dawdling.
    Maybe slow for peasants like you in Economy, but I'm a club world flyer and BA gold member. Priority queues all the way.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm perm. Plus it was a business class flight and I don't remember anyone on here earning £3k a day. (With the exception of Sasguru of course)
    The client does not pay for your flights?!!

Epic FAIL.

HTH,

SAS

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    SF airport is not one you want to be rushing through. The security checks there are a nightmare. It took me 1 hour to get from one flight to another through SF, with no dawdling.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    So, which one is the sockie here - Suity, or MF?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Hint - amount of actual work he does there
    Ah - thruppence ha'penny, you mean.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You've lost me there. I don't understand. Is it a permie thing?
    Hint - amount of actual work he does there

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is billing for actual work done ...
    You've lost me there. I don't understand. Is it a permie thing?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Why are you a loser even in your imagination?
    Because his sub-concious also hates him.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well of course she did. Which is why she came up to the airport instead with the kids to say hello and offer to drive to me to the car park I left it in.
    Ahh, that's nice

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Your wife didn't notice the car was gone?
    Well of course she did. Which is why she came up to the airport instead with the kids to say hello and offer to drive to me to the car park I left it in.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    How's your running going? Still doing 6 miles in 30 minutes?
    I heard it was 30 miles in 6 minutes, he's a machine.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I'm perm. Plus it was a business class flight and I don't remember anyone on here earning £3k a day. (With the exception of Sasguru of course)
    How's your running going? Still doing 6 miles in 30 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I mean would you employ anyone in a senior position who gets the basics wrong so often.....
    The choice was between him and sasguru.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh I don't know. There was plenty of action and the suspense seemed to build up nicely, although the ending was a slight disappointment. Would have been funnier if MF had run up the gangway just as the plane doors slammed shut, and he missed the flight.

I once gave a friend a lift to Gatwick, where he had a flight booked. Or so he thought, until the check in lady pointed out that the ticket said Stansted! Cue mad dash back up the M23, round the M25, and up the M11 at 100 MPH much of the way. (Luckily it wasn't the rush hour.) And like MF, the guy just caught his plane by a matter of seconds.
    but its very much a variation on a theme. It was only a few months ago we had arrive at the wrong airport and miss flight story.

I mean would you employ anyone in a senior position who gets the basics wrong so often.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X