• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Toyota Aygo

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Toyota Aygo"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

One ZeityWaggon is a 97 Corolla 1.3 GS automatic.

It puts a whole new meaning to sluggish.

Instantly into top gear at exactly 30mph.

I bought it to drive to work in Swansea, but decided to use the train instead coz I couldn't stand the excitement.

Sluggish is not the word. I'm so used to a 2.0L and the 2.8L I'm over revving the poor soul.

I really do need to get my 72 Austin 1800 on the road and retire the Toyota.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I have the J-a-a-a-a-g back now. Wot a relief.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    'memories for front seats'

Ah yes. The good old days.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    One more

Mercedes-Benz CL CL 500 2dr Auto 5.5 Glass Roof+Soft Closing Doors+ 2007

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Why are you searching for cars from the middle of a field?
    Surely you need a taxi?
    Because I am not dumb enough to use my own postcode and light myself up like a flare... That not a field any more its Bath Audi

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Why are you searching for cars from the middle of a field?
    Surely you need a taxi?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    if it wasn't for the cream interior I would be tempted.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Mercedes-Benz CL CL600 2dr Auto 6.0 1 OWNER, FULL HISTORY 110k NEW 2000

Great value !

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Surely if that is all you use the car for then a taxi would be cheaper
    I live in a city centre, clientco is in Paddington, Mrs lives in Angel so the only time I use a car is to play golf once a week so can't justify an expensive car, I drive a 2008 ford focus with 110k on the clock.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Agreed. If you're in a city centre and likely to be dinged and scraped and your one use of the car a week is 10 minutes to the local supermarket, the Aygo can't be beaten.
    Surely if that is all you use the car for then a taxi would be cheaper

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Nevermind the Aygo - try having a '96 Corolla as your daily driver! Missus wanted a Jeep and to afford that I had to exchange in my trusty Primera and my E280.

The seller had very little pity for me and so handed over the keys to a L reg Corolla as part of the deal.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    ^ This ^

Certain large cars also tend to lead a charmed life as third car/toy unlike most small cars that are bought for teenagers to get their insurance out of the millions

D000hg you can't be helped mate

Used JAGUAR Car for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Used TOYOTA AYGO Car for Sale - Auto Trader UK

If you are seriously telling me you want to drive a crappy little toyota instead of some of those Jags then you need to need to hand your contractor badge in with Kenty
    Correct.

Bigger cars depreciate quicker as there is greater demand for small cars because of the cheapness to run/insure by younger drivers.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Have you bought cars recently. £3k will buy you a lot more (in ways of younger, better spec) big car than small car.
    ^ This ^

Certain large cars also tend to lead a charmed life as third car/toy unlike most small cars that are bought for teenagers to get their insurance out of the millions

D000hg you can't be helped mate

Used JAGUAR Car for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Used TOYOTA AYGO Car for Sale - Auto Trader UK

If you are seriously telling me you want to drive a crappy little toyota instead of some of those Jags then you need to need to hand your contractor badge in with Kenty

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anyway I refuse to believe a car Sas would buy would be crap or cheaply made. He's a man of means AND refinement, don't you know.
    This was a man who wanted to buy a Daihatsu Copen. I think that proves the prosecutions case.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Anyway I refuse to believe a car Sas would buy would be crap or cheaply made. He's a man of means AND refinement, don't you know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X