• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pointless hobbies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pointless hobbies"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    And jam. They love jam.
    An empty(but not washed) jam jar hal;f filled with water is perfect for wash catching. We once bought a commercial device - it was rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The adults eat nectar
    And jam. They love jam.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I've seen hardly any wasps this year round our way.
    Not yet. Late summer. Come autumn there will be millions of them.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its the end of days. Wasps have become meat eaters with a taste for meat. Panic.....
    I've seen hardly any wasps this year round our way.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I read a book recently (the brain that changes itself) that to keep brain power you not just have to keep it active - you have to keep it learning new tasks. Learning a new language is one of the mostr challenging so is perfect for retirement.

I am going to start with English.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its the end of days. Wasps have become meat eaters with a taste for meat. Panic.....
    It's the end of summer. Wasps are attracted by fruit at the start of the season, meat (for their babbies) at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was at a barbecue on Sunday. I saw a wasp land on one of the abandoned plates, pick up a morsel of meat and fly off with it. Never seen anything like that before.
    Wasp grubs eat meat (that's why they are supposed to be good for your garden - they get rid of bugs). The adults eat nectar.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was at a barbecue on Sunday. I saw a wasp land on one of the abandoned plates, pick up a morsel of meat and fly off with it. Never seen anything like that before.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Taking photographs of wasps.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Taking photographs of wasps.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

It could catch on.
    FFS. Now why would anyone go to the bother of building something like that with such a pathetic specimen?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere;1796086[/IMG

At least, that how I read it.

It could catch on.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is that even legal? It sounds filthy.
    Not if you put them through the wash like these cows.

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Making ukuleles when you can buy a perfectly good one for less than the cost of the wood

Making furniture, dildos.
    At least, that how I read it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Making ukuleles when you can buy a perfectly good one for less than the cost of the wood

Making furniture, ditto

Pointless but strangely satisfying. If you want some guidance from an expert with a great workshop google Tom Kealy in
    Ilminster. For furniture, not ukuleles.
    my oak furniture is even more pointless than that.

chairs for horses
    wardrobes for llamas

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied

Making furniture, ditto

Pointless but strangely satisfying. If you want some guidance from an expert with a great workshop google Tom Kealy in
    Ilminster. For furniture, not ukuleles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X