• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to look like a fool due to not thinking"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The guy who owns the local cake shop wanted to be my friend.
    Just because he smiles and hugs you when you walk through the door doesn't make him your friend. He's just pleased to be able to provide for his family.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Without friends it's largely useless, I would imagine
    The guy who owns the local cake shop wanted to be my friend.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Some of us don't use Facebook!

Without friends it's largely useless, I would imagine

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Hey, MF. The year 2002 called - it wants it's fictional tale back.
    Some of us don't use Facebook!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    A mate at school who was into computers back in the day wrote a program on the BBC for dyslexics and added in a function for the blind which read 'press the Enter key to continue' and how we laughed and took the piss (he said that he designed it so it would talk to you) oh how we ripped the piss some more.

He dropped me a line recently on Friends Reunited and is now a multi millionaire / founder / CEO of his own company of 1000 employees just down the road in Orange County California and has invited me down for a catchup.
    Hey, MF. The year 2002 called - it wants it's fictional tale back.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Letter from council to client co regarding a road closure.

If you want this letter in Braille please ring ....
    A mate at school who was into computers back in the day wrote a program on the BBC for dyslexics and added in a function for the blind which read 'press the Enter key to continue' and how we laughed and took the piss (he said that he designed it so it would talk to you) oh how we ripped the piss some more.

He dropped me a line recently on Friends Reunited and is now a multi millionaire / founder / CEO of his own company of 1000 employees just down the road in Orange County California and has invited me down for a catchup.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

It would be worse if they did it the other way round.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

What do you expect them to do? Have you considered that blind people might have a helper who can phone the council on the supplied number so they are aware to send future correspondence in braille?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    My current clients are in Germany and France where the old boys network doesn't apply.
    Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.
    What happens when admin resets it?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    My current clients are in Germany and France where the old boys network doesn't apply.
    Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.
    I didn't know spud technicians were in demand over there

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

No wonder you had to live on the goodwill of others to get work (you admit to using the old boys network)
    Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Oh it's about the council, I thought you were going to give us the benefit of your experience.

Once upon a time, I was told if you can't think of anything nice to say don't say it.

Its a shame your very expensive private school didn't teach you the same. No wonder you had to live on the goodwill of others to get work (you admit to using the old boys network)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh it's about the council, I thought you were going to give us the benefit of your experience.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    started a topic How to look like a fool due to not thinking

How to look like a fool due to not thinking

Working...
X