• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Number 13

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Number 13"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    IIRC most flights have no row 13 either.
    Makes sense, when I passenger jet hits a mountain at 600mph and explodes into a massive fireball the people sat in row 13 rarely survive.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think you'll find that, due to the Holy Trinity, the 12 disciples plus Jesus equals 15 people
    I thought that God, Christ and the Holy Spirit were Homoousios and therefore only equal one.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Labelling the 13th floor as "14th" doesn't take away from the fact that it's the 13th floor - it makes as much sense as saying that the 12 disciples plus Jesus equals 14 people just to avoid saying the word "13".
    I think you'll find that, due to the Holy Trinity, the 12 disciples plus Jesus equals 15 people

Leave a comment:

• yannek
    replied
    I've got a black kitty. Her name is 13.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    What annoys me is the missus is always saying 'touch wood'
    but when I wake up every morning with a bonio she is up and in the shower before you can say 'slurrp on this rascal you horney bint'

women eh ?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    (Tall ones have no floor 13, which at least makes for one less floor to go down when the fire alarm goes off.)
    Tall buildings do have a 13th floor, it's just that in many instances it's labelled "14".

Labelling the 13th floor as "14th" doesn't take away from the fact that it's the 13th floor - it makes as much sense as saying that the 12 disciples plus Jesus equals 14 people just to avoid saying the word "13".

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    A lot of streets don't have a 13. I know ours doesn't.
    The Telly licencing lot thought that there was a 13 on one street I lived in.

The chap at 15 got pestered regularly by them looking for it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    they fiddled the calendar this year to make sure there is no 13/13/13
    it goes straight from 31/12/13 to 01/01/14

suprstition or what ?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Microsoft Office went from version 12 ( 2007 ) to version 14 ( 2010 )

Which you can check by looking at the version numbers on the SharePoint DLL's

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Actually prefer the 11/17 looking too similar idea.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What's the significance of 17?
    A bit of googling suggests that italians don't like it. XVII -> VIXI -> I have lived.

Also

In Islamic tradition, 17 is the number of liturgical gestures employed in the 5 daily prayers and it is also the number of words used in the call to prayer.

Why No Row 17 On Lufthansa — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

Could just be the ramblings of an internet nutter though.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    According to Leon Kass, 17 has some significant meaning (as yet not known exactly) in the book of Genesis.
    It must herald the end of days if someone sits in a seat numbered 17.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I know KLM don't and often on larger aircraft row 13 would fall between business and cattle so it's easily omitted. Apparently some now leave out row 17 too.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I do actually live at number 13 on my street.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X