• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "10 week old babies are a nightmare!"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Your posts suggested a persona of a spotty 18 year old.
    mental age of 12.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Gig coming to an end this week so looks like I'll be home for a while.

Selfishly, thinking I don't have an excuse now that I've got to get up early to drive to gig so will be back to full time night feeds I guess. :-(

Poor Mrs PC has been ill though - fortunately, a bit better now but this gig has been tough on a personal level.

In my mid 40s so don't think I've got the energy for more kids!

Few weeks off now then 3 week in Florida on holidays. Then try and get a new gig in October. Good news if I don't get something before New Year (well aware that if it gets into November then I ain't likely to get anything as we get closer to Xmas) then whilst not ideal I do have the warchest to cope with without too much grief. (especially if I claim JSA again!).

Your posts suggested a persona of a spotty 18 year old.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    I had the same thought. I said I wouldn't go on holiday with the kids until they were at least 5 years. My wife didn't listen to me for some reason and kept booking holidays.
    I used to think that. I'm inclined to think longer journeys are easier with tiny babies. As long as they sleep and their ears can be dealt with on the plane.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Going back to JSA, if you're claiming that and going on a three week holiday to Florida, won't you expect to see your holiday snaps in the Daily Mail?
    It used to be that you can't claim JSA whilst abroad. I assume its still the same (although I wonder if they allow europe these days) so won't be claiming for this period.

In the past, it was perfectly allowable to have a UK holiday and no sign on for a few weeks. I guess the thought was if you're in the UK you can quit holiday to take up a job offer.

My expenditure is nothing to do with claiming JSA. Of course, its contribution-based JSA at this point in any case. Holiday been booked for some time so I won't get any money back anyway so pointless cancelling - (not that I was ever planning to!)

Yes, it is playing the system a little but, anyone who pays minimum salary and dividends is also doing so. If its legal then I see no issues.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    I had the same thought. I said I wouldn't go on holiday with the kids until they were at least 5 years. My wife didn't listen to me for some reason and kept booking holidays.
    The important bit LOL

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Going back to JSA, if you're claiming that and going on a three week holiday to Florida, won't you expect to see your holiday snaps in the Daily Mail?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Bit like mate of mine. He hates cats and is always moaning his neighbours cat is crapping in his garden and he wishes he would do something about it. I always tell him if my neighbour asked me the same I'd gladly have a word with my cat if he thinks it'll do any good!
    It's when the cat comes in with a cork shoved up it's arse you know you have an issue.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Gig coming to an end this week so looks like I'll be home for a while.

Selfishly, thinking I don't have an excuse now that I've got to get up early to drive to gig so will be back to full time night feeds I guess. :-(

Poor Mrs PC has been ill though - fortunately, a bit better now but this gig has been tough on a personal level.

In my mid 40s so don't think I've got the energy for more kids!

Few weeks off now then 3 week in Florida on holidays. Then try and get a new gig in October. Good news if I don't get something before New Year (well aware that if it gets into November then I ain't likely to get anything as we get closer to Xmas) then whilst not ideal I do have the warchest to cope with without too much grief. (especially if I claim JSA again!).
    Get fit then, I'm sure I'm fitter now then I ever was in my 30's and that is mostly down to the rigours of having 2 young kids.

They stop you going out on the piss and and have you running around the park instead, always tired though.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You are taking a 12-15 week infant on a 3 week holiday to Florida???

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If he whinges anything like you have about this last contract of yours I can relate

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Well in that case you have my permission to go and enjoy yourselves. Take a pack of sweets and hand written letters apologising to everyone in ear shot of you on the plane though
    LOL. Yes, in the past I have always been unhappy when I see that I'm sitting within earshot of a baby.

Mate of mine or rather his mrs got into an argument once on a plane. Some woman told her to shut the baby up or else she would. His Mrs almost got arrested when it all kicked off.

Bit like mate of mine. He hates cats and is always moaning his neighbours cat is crapping in his garden and he wishes he would do something about it. I always tell him if my neighbour asked me the same I'd gladly have a word with my cat if he thinks it'll do any good!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    OK. Yes, daughter is coming. I know some people do it but I won;t be leaving kids home.

Glastonbury was bad enough for 2 nights. Wasn't happy doing that.

BTW - no Im happy. Last week of gig. Lack of sleep is an issue though.
    Well in that case you have my permission to go and enjoy yourselves. Take a pack of sweets and hand written letters apologising to everyone in ear shot of you on the plane though

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    everyone to their own I suppose.
    Of course, and I'm sure we've discussed the rights/wrong etc of this numerous times. It is hassle as well. But of course, its a personal decision.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    You suffering a touch of postnatal depression or something PC? I only asked a question.. Once you have replied then I will decide whether to give you permission or not.
    OK. Yes, daughter is coming. I know some people do it but I won;t be leaving kids home.

Glastonbury was bad enough for 2 nights. Wasn't happy doing that.

BTW - no Im happy. Last week of gig. Lack of sleep is an issue though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    My face will be straight. All perfectly legal and allowable so why not.
    everyone to their own I suppose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X