• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 week old babies are a nightmare!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to JSA, if you're claiming that and going on a three week holiday to Florida, won't you expect to see your holiday snaps in the Daily Mail?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
      I had the same thought. I said I wouldn't go on holiday with the kids until they were at least 5 years. My wife didn't listen to me for some reason and kept booking holidays.
      The important bit LOL
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Going back to JSA, if you're claiming that and going on a three week holiday to Florida, won't you expect to see your holiday snaps in the Daily Mail?
        It used to be that you can't claim JSA whilst abroad. I assume its still the same (although I wonder if they allow europe these days) so won't be claiming for this period.

In the past, it was perfectly allowable to have a UK holiday and no sign on for a few weeks. I guess the thought was if you're in the UK you can quit holiday to take up a job offer.

My expenditure is nothing to do with claiming JSA. Of course, its contribution-based JSA at this point in any case. Holiday been booked for some time so I won't get any money back anyway so pointless cancelling - (not that I was ever planning to!)

Yes, it is playing the system a little but, anyone who pays minimum salary and dividends is also doing so. If its legal then I see no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          I had the same thought. I said I wouldn't go on holiday with the kids until they were at least 5 years. My wife didn't listen to me for some reason and kept booking holidays.
          I used to think that. I'm inclined to think longer journeys are easier with tiny babies. As long as they sleep and their ears can be dealt with on the plane.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Gig coming to an end this week so looks like I'll be home for a while.

Selfishly, thinking I don't have an excuse now that I've got to get up early to drive to gig so will be back to full time night feeds I guess. :-(

Poor Mrs PC has been ill though - fortunately, a bit better now but this gig has been tough on a personal level.

In my mid 40s so don't think I've got the energy for more kids!

Few weeks off now then 3 week in Florida on holidays. Then try and get a new gig in October. Good news if I don't get something before New Year (well aware that if it gets into November then I ain't likely to get anything as we get closer to Xmas) then whilst not ideal I do have the warchest to cope with without too much grief. (especially if I claim JSA again!).

Your posts suggested a persona of a spotty 18 year old.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Your posts suggested a persona of a spotty 18 year old.
              mental age of 12.

Comment

Working...
              X