• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many Avios do you have?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The two are linked, I can move them from one to another, just curious to know if I need to use both every three years, suppose it won't be too hard to use both of them, the Amex Card will go into one and Club Card the other
    As long as you accumulate them it's not a problem. Plus if stuck, just transfer a few into your Avios account.

The BA one is useful for booking flights/upgrades/experiences on BA, but all of the goodies are on the Avios site.

I would also suggest your wife getting a card, then you can use a referral bonus, plus double bubble. Check out the BA Card companion voucher scheme as well.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I've got a few from travelling up to Edinburgh, but nothing like your amount.
    FlyBe?

I'm in the same boat with all the Milan trips

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are the accounts not linked?

Yes, you need to keep them active, either earning or spending.
    Depending on your BA account, you might find you are charged to transfer from one to the other.
    The two are linked, I can move them from one to another, just curious to know if I need to use both every three years, suppose it won't be too hard to use both of them, the Amex Card will go into one and Club Card the other

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    200k of them this year so far.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Ok, just starting to get into the swing of AVIOS, I have an AVIOS account and a BA Exec Club account, do I need keep them both active once every three years, or if I plough all my points into one the other will also stay active as I can share the points between the two, or would it be best once a year swap the points between the two?
    Are the accounts not linked?

Yes, you need to keep them active, either earning or spending.
    Depending on your BA account, you might find you are charged to transfer from one to the other.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    As a reward scheme Avios / BA miles allows you to get access to loads of cool rewards apart from flights.

For example 8000 points is a case of 20 beers or
    12500 12 bottles of wine.

I recently hit 500k of the bloody things which means the mother of all parties. If we cOmbined them what could we get?

How many have you got?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Ok, just starting to get into the swing of AVIOS, I have an AVIOS account and a BA Exec Club account, do I need keep them both active once every three years, or if I plough all my points into one the other will also stay active as I can share the points between the two, or would it be best once a year swap the points between the two?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Followed one of those out of town this afternoon. Blooming heck its ugly from the back
    That was sadguru's missus.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Same as sadguru's Toyota...
    Followed one of those out of town this afternoon. Blooming heck its ugly from the back

Oh and slow if my mini can overtake that easily.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My pot plant got 86.
    Same as sadguru's Toyota...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    MarillionFan "85".

Should be his new title really.

My pot plant got 86.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    MarillionFan "85".

Should be his new title really.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You two are like Cannon and Ball. Remind me again which one of them was the funny one???
    Admit it to yourself. You would be more upset if we ignored you.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    You two are like Cannon and Ball. Remind me again which one of them was the funny one???
    Rock on, Tommy!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Are you saying MF took an IQ test and the results came back negative?
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I thought it was obvious. I may be wrong we know how much he likes to boast about things. The combined total is more likely to 72.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X