• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you kill a puppy for one million pounds?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Call yourselves contractors? I'd do it for a tenner and I've been a vegetable for 20 years.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Slippers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Slippers.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Would it make a difference if our families knew/didnt know we had done it?
    Did I not cover this in my (the very first) answer

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Depends on how cute the puppy is and whether the eek juniors are around.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    Would it make a difference if our families knew/didnt know we had done it?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I have been wondering whether, in the post-horsemeat scandal atmosphere, it's still easy to turn a decent profit on a ton of black market puppy meat.
    Not if your outgoings are a million pounds per dead puppy.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Almost everyone has...

My view is that if you pay someone to do something, your ethical position is pretty much the same.

Given that the food we eat, the drugs we take when we are sick, fags, booze etc have been tested on animals including dogs then we have all killed dogs, basically we have outsourced it.

The production of lamb is responsible for the deaths of many dogs each year.

Many people are too squeamish to do it personally, but that is not an ethical position.

My own position reminds me of when my cat had an expensive but entirely fixable condition and the vet said it would be much cheaper to have it put down, my view was that as it was my cat I had a duty to fix the bloody thing and it was dishonourable to let it die.

But if it was someone else's cat (or puppy) that would not apply.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have been wondering whether, in the post-horsemeat scandal atmosphere, it's still easy to turn a decent profit on a ton of black market puppy meat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My sister just posted a picture of her new puppy on facebook. It's very cute, but in Australia, so I'd want expenses too.
    Is that your 22 year old twin sister? The blond one?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    My sister just posted a picture of her new puppy on facebook. It's very cute, but in Australia, so I'd want expenses too.
    You just want us to pay for your flights to Oz. While MF may be stupid enough to fall for that trick I'm not that stupid.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Baseline costs around a mongrel and then work out a multiplier based charge sheet for different breeds.
    First they came for the mongrels...

I've got you sussed boyo.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    What breed are we talking about here?

Are we talking about a proper dog or one of those handbag accessory, little yappy things that I could easily drop kick over the posts from the 22 yard line.

I have a dog but am definitely not a dog person.
    Baseline costs around a mongrel and then work out a multiplier based charge sheet for different breeds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X