• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bongo Bongo land

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bongo Bongo land"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    BBC News - Nigeria's space race

Britain's effort*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyowOsXd_ZE

*Our space budget was spent on aid to Nigeria.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    This post brought supposed British guilt into the thread.
    Ah yes, but there's difference between guilt and a sense of responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Well they play bongo drums in Africa, so why not bongo bongo land?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bongo_drum
    You didn't actually read that article, did you?

The bongo originated from the eastern region of Cuba known as the "Oriente", during the nineteenth century.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Neither do I; what has guilt to do with it?
    This post brought supposed British guilt into the thread.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's probably guilt for the fact that we took an area that contributed 25% of world GDP and bled it dry so that by the time we left it was merely 3% of world GDP. TBH the Indians have done to well to come back so strongly after just 50 years.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think I would like to open a drum shop called bongo bongo land.
    you could have a KFC on one side
    and a graphical design shop on the other

just in case your customers need drumsticks or symbols

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think I would like to open a drum shop called bongo bongo land.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Let me explain this carefully :

Apple & Pineapple both have the word Apple in them (see I highlighted so you could understand) but an Apple is not the same thing as a Pineapple

Global Trade is not the same as Globalisation.

Global Company is not the same as Global trade.

if you have trouble understanding this ask Mummy.
    Like I said. I'm sure the congregation gives your posts the respect they deserve

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    And you're an alcoholic Scouser, so your opinion is tulipe, like.
    Just an observation.
    If I was 72, I'd come round and gob youse for that

but I'm not, so I'll let youse off

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Really? This is what happened was it? There was a golden age of globalism in the sun dappled meadows when non-global companies traded with other and nymphs danced in the woods and the poor became rich.
    Then (cue music of doom) along came the nasty multinationals and ruined the idyll.

Quite right, personal attacks are redundant with your level of posting. I shall let you make my point for me henceforth.

Let me explain this carefully :

Apple & Pineapple both have the word Apple in them (see I highlighted so you could understand) but an Apple is not the same thing as a Pineapple

Global Trade is not the same as Globalisation.

Global Company is not the same as Global trade.

if you have trouble understanding this ask Mummy.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    impressed. you've got more degrees than a global warming model. mind you, they're notorious for spewing out shyte and getting everything wrong as well.

not an ad-hominem , just an observation

And you're an alcoholic Scouser, so your opinion is tulipe, like.
    Just an observation.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You should have gone, it might have helped you think straight. Perhaps my education is being retro-funded by the huge taxes I pay as a very high earner. Although I paid for the second degree that led to that earning ability.

Globalisation has lifted millions out of poverty in the last 20 years if you can look beyond your nose.
    In any case, how do you propose to stop it.?

You really are a non-thinking moron. Not an ad-hominem attack, just an observation.
    impressed. you've got more degrees than a global warming model. mind you, they're notorious for spewing out shyte and getting everything wrong as well.

not an ad-hominem , just an observation

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Companies based in one country traded with companies in countries in another part of the Globe?

As against a Global company that is formed in lots of countries and sucks the best bits from each country contributing as little as possible.
    Really? This is what happened was it? There was a golden age of globalism in the sun dappled meadows when non-global companies traded with other and nymphs danced in the woods and the poor became rich.
    Then (cue music of doom) along came the nasty multinationals and ruined the idyll.

sad we resort to personal attacks again, carry on like that and the other boys & girls won't want to play with you little SAS.
    Quite right, personal attacks are redundant with your level of posting. I shall let you make my point for me henceforth.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Can you explain how the global trade that lifted millions out of poverty was done without the global companies that are enslaving the poor?

FFS Does the verbal diarrhoea just flow from you like a kind of Tourettes?
    Companies based in one country traded with companies in countries in another part of the Globe?

As against a Global company that is formed in lots of countries and sucks the best bits from each country contributing as little as possible.

sad we resort to personal attacks again, carry on like that and the other boys & girls won't want to play with you little SAS.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Increased global trade has lifted millions of people out of poverty .... Globalisation as envisioned by most global companies and most commentators will just enslave the poor and suck the riches from countries. Obviously confusing the two is something only a highly trained mind can do.
    Can you explain how the global trade that lifted millions out of poverty was done without the global companies that are enslaving the poor?

FFS Does the verbal diarrhoea just flow from you like a kind of Tourettes?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You should have gone, it might have helped you think straight. Perhaps my education is being retro-funded by the huge taxes I pay as a very high earner. Although I paid for the second degree that led to that earning ability.

Globalisation has lifted millions out of poverty in the last 20 years if you can look beyond your nose.
    In any case, how do you propose to stop it.?

You really are a non-thinking moron. Not an ad-hominem attack, just an observation.

Increased global trade has lifted millions of people out of poverty, as has education, the spread of christian religion (Yes really) and improved health care. Globalisation as envisioned by most global companies and most commentators will just enslave the poor and suck the riches from countries. Obviously confusing the two is something only a highly trained mind can do.

I doubt there is a way to stop it but controlling is the duty of our elected representatives.

Good to see you can argue about the subject citing sources and sensible arguments without pathetic personal swipes. Your opinion is as always valuable to us lower beings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X