• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not many things bring a tear to my eye, but this does"

Collapse

• kal
    replied
    some small solace is that 30 yrs is a long time in prison especially with what these two evil scumbags have done...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    ...especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.
    I think I set a perfect example.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    As predicted he came to the UK to escape prison in Poland. Did the Policja send out a warrant? No, instead they were glad to get rid of him.
    you can't say that, you must be a racist!!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I can't bear to read about that any more.

As predicted he came to the UK to escape prison in Poland. Did the Policja send out a warrant? No, instead they were glad to get rid of him.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    +1. Not often I agree with sas.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    just to cheer everyone up

he should have been deported:

Daniel Pelka murder: Why wasn't stepfather deported before beating to death four-year-old boy? | Mail Online

apparently wanted in Poland.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The failing is social services, not social workers. I'm sure there are some crap ones, but would be surprised if the majority weren't doing their best in difficult circumstances. We've all worked on underresourced projects - fortunately for most of us, when things go tits up, lives aren't at risk.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Disgusting behaviour in all areas but soon we'll start seeing the blame being pointed in all directions, much like what happened a couple of years ago in London (sorry can't remember the case name.)

Maybe this is of interest to some people:

Children that have Died from Social Services Failures | Database for UK and Eire paedophiles/child abusers

or even:

Name & Shame Social Workers: Shame Your Social Worker

this was the case in London: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Baby_P
    Last edited by darmstadt; 1 August 2013, 20:40. Reason: Baby P

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If they were decent social workers then they would never let this happen, this is gross negligence. It's better to risk upsetting the parents than turning a blind eye out. Also the ad hominem attacks when someone has a different opinion is a nasty especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.
    It's not black and white. For starters both children and adults can present with diseases whose symptoms look like ones of abuse.

Parents have been jailed for this even in cases where a doctor doing the right tests on the mother would show it wasn't abuse.

Then there is the issue of the shortage of social workers meaning they have large case loads so can't deal with people properly.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    ??? that's inhuman.
    It's those inhuman, criminal, Eastern Europeans, you see.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    ??? that's inhuman.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    I don't see an ad hominem attack.
    HTH, BIDI.
    That's because you have the IQ of a retarded goldfish. <-- Did you see that one?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I think the fact that the kid was tucking into leftovers from the bins ought to have been some kind of indicator that he was not that concerned about his "allergies".
    Yeah a primary school child is definitely to be trusted when they tell you they are allowed to "eat what they want".
    Then again, you don't have any kids
    Having kids doesn't make you more objective. The fact you managed to inseminate someone doesn't somehow grant you knowledge of childcare at a national strategic level, you plum.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Also the ad hominem attacks when someone has a different opinion is a nasty especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not one for thinking things through, are you? The depths of your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    I don't see an ad hominem attack, merely a statement of fact.
    HTH, BIDI.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X