• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: OU results in

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OU results in"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    “Vogon poetry is of course, the third worst in the universe.
    The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience died of internal haemorrhaging and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos was reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his 12-book epic entitled "My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles" when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save humanity, leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain.
    The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paul Neil Milne Johnstone of Redbridge, in the destruction of the planet Earth. Vogon poetry is mild by comparison.”
    Ok who is named Paul in real life?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY

Vetran in 'The Collective' mode.
    O(h)m.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Resistance is futile, according to some.
    FTFY

Vetran in 'The Collective' mode.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are clearly lacking in intellectual curiosity.
    Those who have met me will say I lack intellectual anything!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    PS what did you study? Was it something useful or do we have another Art History or Philosophy graduate?
    You are clearly lacking in intellectual curiosity.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    People who say only useful subjects are useful don't understand much about the world. Art is useless. Sport is useless. Architecture is useless. Fine food & wine is useless.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    PS what did you study? Was it something useful or do we have another Art History or Philosophy graduate?
    Philosophy is only useless to the useless.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Hats off to you for studying after you started work. Once you start earning, the need for studying starts to dwindle. Personally, I hate studying, esp after engineering. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Art History isn't a proper subject of study?
    It was good enough for Captain Wales to get into the RAF so I can't see the problem.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Is there any practical value for that degree ? Sounds more like a New Labour created degree, if you know what I mean. Why did you choose that ?
    Art History isn't a proper subject of study?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Superb news! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Does this mean no more fantasy's about MS in a catholic school girls uniform

Congrats, as you are not longer a student, does that just make you mature now?
    Mortar board fantasies don't do it for you?

My student discount card runs out end of September. Better get in as many free cheeseburgers as possible while I still can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X