• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hell is...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hell is..."

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    Found that strangely alluring... in a Bridget Jones kind of way

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    What a shiite day!

The Bob in question apparently has 'communication issues' and we've been told to explain things clearly and concisely - not easy over a phone line with no facial movements to aid understanding and the quality of connection sounding like a hailstorm.

Anyway, one week left and now I'm getting requests to do stuff beyond my last week, everyone's effed off on holiday leaving me to hold the fort, agent is adamant I'm done next friday, and the only decent lead I have is a role in Cork, welcome to the Hotel Ireland.......

So, Im here in the Copper Bar in Sandyford, Dublin 18 if anyone is local (doubt it) having a €7 Leffe and maybe €16 bit of fish and three chips later.

At least cos theres no one in tmrw I don't need to start at six to get away early for the airport!
    Jesus, you don't want to end up in Cork... at least you can understand what they say in Dublin. I'm Irish and I feel like a foreigner in Cork

Shame that... we were near enough 2 weeks ago. We get on the M50 at Sandyford and Spod always bitches about going North to go South....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Scent from my right armpit

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Always look on the bright side of life. I am still at work, and I have to cook my own dinner.

Sent from above, to bring me love.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    What a shiite day!

The Bob in question apparently has 'communication issues' and we've been told to explain things clearly and concisely - not easy over a phone line with no facial movements to aid understanding and the quality of connection sounding like a hailstorm.

Anyway, one week left and now I'm getting requests to do stuff beyond my last week, everyone's effed off on holiday leaving me to hold the fort, agent is adamant I'm done next friday, and the only decent lead I have is a role in Cork, welcome to the Hotel Ireland.......

So, Im here in the Copper Bar in Sandyford, Dublin 18 if anyone is local (doubt it) having a €7 Leffe and maybe €16 bit of fish and three chips later.

At least cos theres no one in tmrw I don't need to start at six to get away early for the airport!

This always cheers me up and empowers me!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You really are earning your 15% today
    Dodgy is giving discount?

written in yellow snow.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    For that you need to learn to bob your head while listening, not shake your booty.

Sent with one hand while using washroom.
    Thanks for the tip!

Drawn in the sand while having a slash

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Feck all to say on this thread

Sent from where the sun dont shine
    You really are earning your 15% today

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    ...sitting in a traffic jam in 32 degrees heat with a bottle of hot water and needing a pee

Poor water out of window, piss in the bottle

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Use phoentics

Fail over to node Six Chapati not Six Dopiaza, that way if they cock it up you may get a meal out of it instead.

Sent from down stairs gents trap two (apres curry)
    Don't you start. Esteemed client business side decided they needed system to support recording of data in Extensions to the International Phonetic Alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

s͢θ ʒœ kᶹs͌

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    ...sitting in a traffic jam in 32 degrees heat with a bottle of hot water and needing a pee

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Use phoentics

Fail over to node Six Chapati not Six Dopiaza, that way if they cock it up you may get a meal out of it instead.

To be fair the instruction was given by a man with the thickest Cork accent ever...

Sent from AIX using vi

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Feck all to say on this thread

Sent from where the sun dont shine

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I'm still on this fecking call, the acrimony has gone except when this happened;

Right Bob, can you fail everything over to node 6c

OK, doing the needful, failing to node 6d......

NOO!!!!!
    Use phoentics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X