• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Apprentice - WTF???"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Aren't they simply counting net worth as cash in the bank + assets? If you keep £40k as your reserve fund after dividends and salaries of £1million...

Fair enough, but cash at bank of £44K, assets of 70K (typically unpaid invoices in a consultancy) doesn't shout million pound turnover.
    I'm willing to bet this is not a million pound turnover business, more like an unsuccessful contractor's.

The moral of the story is don't knock techie skills, they trump being on telly and knowing Lord Sugar any day.
    Last edited by sasguru; 11 July 2013, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Aren't they simply counting net worth as cash in the bank + assets? If you keep £40k as your reserve fund after dividends and salaries of £1million...

Are these free services any good BTW... £1 for the real version from CH is so dirt cheap.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    RUTH BADGER CONSULTANCY LIMITED. Free business summary taken from official Companies House information. Free Alerts.

Net worth £40K.
    Feck me my business is worth more and I only started this year.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Runner Up 2006

Ruth Badger Consultancy - businesses launch, improve, sustainable growth. Affordable effective business improvements.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Well, they have more business expertise and experience than someone like Paul Kemsley, who has been dropped from recent Apprentice series for some strange reason. Possibly connected to his UK and US bankruptcy.
    But you want those interviewing to be those you know well - CEO of McD is not really needed to interview someone about a business plan

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Has any Apprentice, winner or not, ever been successful?
    Last year's winner's business is this.
    Does it only have 109 jobs on it?
    And this is the great idea he pitched to that mediocrity Lord Sugar?
    Another fooking rec cons in a crowded market?

You gotta laff at these morons.

Either he's tulip hot and shifting these roles like a super-recruiter
    or 3 have been pulled by the clients after your withering critique

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nobody knows who the CEO of BK or McD is either though. Sugar uses people he actually knows and works with, not 'celebrity' interviewers, which is more real.
    Well, they have more business expertise and experience than someone like Paul Kemsley, who has been dropped from recent Apprentice series for some strange reason. Possibly connected to his UK and US bankruptcy.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Who she?
    Ginger babies. Like a baby. Just so much harder to love.
    – Katie Hopkins

It's comedy gold in a WTF!! kind of way.

Have a looky over on twitter

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Nobody knows who the CEO of BK or McD is either though. Sugar uses people he actually knows and works with, not 'celebrity' interviewers, which is more real.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I read that former Apprentice 'star' and media whore Katie Hopkins is in full on "say controversial things to get on the telly" mode.
    Who she?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Do people actually buy these series on DVD to watch again? In my view they're as cringeworthy and about as watchable as an Adam Sandler movie. Only bit of the series I like to watch is the interviews, hilarious watching these idiots getting their carefully constructed fantasies demolished.
    There is a BBC DVD of the "best bits" of the first four series. The US version only has series 1 on DVD.

Unfortunately, the US version doesn't do the interview stage any more - yet another difference between the two versions. UK version - Sugar gets in his mates (the people you only hear of because they do the interviews on The Apprentice) to do the interviews; Trump had the likes of the CEO of Dominos, CEO of Burger King, etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Do people actually buy these series on DVD to watch again? In my view they're as cringeworthy and about as watchable as an Adam Sandler movie. Only bit of the series I like to watch is the interviews, hilarious watching these idiots getting their carefully constructed fantasies demolished.
    I didn't even know they put it out on DVD... perfect for streaming services to bulk up their library though.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I read that former Apprentice 'star' and media whore Katie Hopkins is in full on "say controversial things to get on the telly" mode.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    The first season is available via Lovefilm as long as you have a multi-region DVD player.

It might be on YouTube as well, though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    IS that what you do? FFS man, get a fooking job.
    lame comeback, should try harder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X