• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tulip(e)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tulip(e)"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Is that you gricerboy?

As previously stated tulip is the word the swear filter uses instead of tulip. Now, should you wish to use tulip. you need to place colons around the offending word :thus:.
    Do be aware that if you quote someone (or preview posts) who has used the word tulip the colons will be removed so you'll have to put them back (and retype tulip ) Have a go.
    aww tulip

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by nealus View Post
    Alas posting a question and not replying with a nanosecond upsets the regulars. Thought I would ask a nice easy question, retire with some tea and crumpets, and return with a satisfied and full belly and witness the usual board-based gripes/moaning. Mission accomplished!

Thanks to earlier pertinent replies though..
    Is that you gricerboy?

As previously stated tulip is the word the swear filter uses instead of shit:. Now, should you wish to use shit:. you need to place colons around the offending word :thus:.
    Do be aware that if you quote someone (or preview posts) who has used the word shit: the colons will be removed so you'll have to put them back (and retype shit: ) Have a go.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Define: Tulip

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...5-tulip-e.html

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

You drunk that?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Why waste your time in this area of the forum when an attitude like this ^^^^^^^^^ qualifies you for a fast track membership of General.

Come on in - the weather's lovely!!
    Since he's a sockie rather than a newbie, I'll move it instead.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Alas posting a question and not replying with a nanosecond upsets the regulars. Thought I would ask a nice easy question, retire with some tea and crumpets, and return with a satisfied and full belly and witness the usual board-based gripes/moaning. Mission accomplished!

Why waste your time in this area of the forum when an attitude like this ^^^^^^^^^ qualifies you for a fast track membership of General.

Come on in - the weather's lovely!!

Leave a comment:

• nealus
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Obviously not since he asked the question then buggered off...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Obviously not since he asked the question then buggered off...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ok - i've searched this board for the meaning of 'Tulipe' or 'Tulip' and can't find it anywhere.. Is it an abbreviation? Is it contractor code? Pray tell please!
    You joined in board in 2009 and don't know?

You don't bother much with CUK, do you?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    tulip is the swear filter's replacement word for tulip.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Ok - i've searched this board for the meaning of 'Tulipe' or 'Tulip' and can't find it anywhere.. Is it an abbreviation? Is it contractor code? Pray tell please!
    Tulip is a replacement by the swear filter for a swear word relating to excrement.

Leave a comment:

• nealus
    started a topic Tulip(e)

Tulip(e)

Working...
X