• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is wrong with me?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So you've just posted to everyone on CUK to tell them you're ill because you've been eating your own or someone else tulip.

Ladies? What a catch.

He is such a fooking daffodil!!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So you've just posted to everyone on CUK to tell them you're ill because you've been eating your own or someone else tulip.

Ladies? What a catch.

There'll be a lot of people anxiously awaiting Mrs suity's sample result.

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    It was a slip of the tongue.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Ladies? What a catch.

Can't be his own as that wouldn't explain the initial infection. It could however explain how come its not disappeared after 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Ladies? What a catch.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I felt exactly the same and you know why.

BTW was it difficult changing doctors or did you do it all in Germany?
    Changed Drs here in the UK. Fortunately my next door nieghbour runs the out of hours service at this new posh surgery (with built in pharmacy) across town. He's been nagging me for ages to go and see one of their drs. So this weekend (after giving my surgery a fair go) I made the switch.

Right move it seems.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yeah sorry SE. I'm a bit like "Why the **** are drs paid so much and do so little" or "Why does every dr play the CFS card or IBS card when they just don't know". I feel very aggrieved at being so ill for so long with little help.

OTOH I should be saying more positive stuff like, "I'm getting better at last", "My legs have some strength in them at long last", "I don't feel 100 years old all the time" and "The reactive arthritis that has crippled my hands for the last 4 months is abating".

Just a bit grouchy, non plussed and feeling very confused.

It's been quite a year.
    I felt exactly the same and you know why.

BTW was it difficult changing doctors or did you do it all in Germany?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You took that personally.
    Yeah sorry SE. I'm a bit like "Why the **** are drs paid so much and do so little" or "Why does every dr play the CFS card or IBS card when they just don't know". I feel very aggrieved at being so ill for so long with little help.

OTOH I should be saying more positive stuff like, "I'm getting better at last", "My legs have some strength in them at long last", "I don't feel 100 years old all the time" and "The reactive arthritis that has crippled my hands for the last 4 months is abating".

Just a bit grouchy, non plussed and feeling very confused.

It's been quite a year.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Is this a known remedy for eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water?

Does this guarantee the person preparing your food takes the same care of hygiene?

FFS
    You took that personally.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Now you understand why washing your hands with soap and drying them properly before you eat and after you go to toilet is a good idea.
    Is this a known remedy for eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water?

Does this guarantee the person preparing your food takes the same care of hygiene?

FFS

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Now you understand why washing your hands with soap and drying them properly before you eat and after you go to toilet is a good idea.
    sueEllen,
    they did not use hands etc to examine SY rectum. For a job that big, you need the international space station and the Hubble telescope

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Getting the appropriate medication was nearly worth enduring the rectal exam

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I was going to say,
    Suity, shine on, you crazy diamond.
    but that's a bit over the top, so howsabout

suity, get well soon, you gibbering Garnet

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Classy. Glad you are on the mend.
    I blame it on his crap diet.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by wikipedia
    Giardiasis is passed via the fecal-oral route.
    Classy. Glad you are on the mend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X