• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Baby!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Baby!!!"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't live in Leeds.
    Were you cleansed?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't live in Leeds.
    Your honour.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm having a lovely weekend thanks. My last weekend of freedom before I start the new contract on Monday. We went to Somerset for a couple of days, got back last night. Had a nice swim this morning, followed by driving down to the marina at Hamble to get some freshly caught Solent sea bass and various shellfish for linguine. Then we popped along to Eastleigh market and got some fruit and veg. Going to sit out in the sun for a bit, then make some Mojitos before dinner using mint from the garden.

Tomorrow a bit of prep work for Monday then more of the same only easier on the booze.

Last week I spent most of my time decorating the en-suite which meant regrouting hundreds of mosaic tiles - I'm having some much needed time off before I start on the upstairs hall.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Cleansing the streets of Leeds on Saturday night of Satan spawned, disease riddled, drug taking prostitutes in HIS name! He speaks to me directly!!!

Doogie.
    I don't live in Leeds.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I heard it was pants yesterday "all day"

Which route do you take? A47-A1-A14? You must drive practically past my front door I think (well if you take any backroads)!
    A14-M1 - I live near J21, so the A47 route leaves me having to get right across the city. Took it the other weekend when the A14 had "issues", and it adds nearly half an hour to the journey despite being a few miles shorter.

Had no problems with the A14 at all yesterday, though I suspect leaving thirty minutes later it would have been a different story. The stretch up to Huntingdon is wretched at most times.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Turns out the A14 is quite bearable at that time, so I may start making a habit of it
    I heard it was pants yesterday "all day"

Which route do you take? A47-A1-A14? You must drive practically past my front door I think (well if you take any backroads)!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Cleansing the streets of Leeds on Saturday night of Satan spawned, disease riddled, drug taking prostitutes in HIS name! He speaks to me directly!!!

Doogie.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Ah, the 2nd weekend of June otherwise known as 'Der Vocking Weekend' here will see me going to the Spessart and partaking in the ancient old festival of 'Fürtundwanglertag' where we plait our pubic hair, daub our bodies in mustard and wearing nothing but a sausage skin loincloth we attempt to poke the virgin daughter of the forest with a sour gherkin (a wally) which is wedged between our buttocks.

In the evening much merrymaking takes place where a number of ancient songs such as 'Der Mann mit Der Massivenschwanz und Lilakopf' and folk dances to a Teutonic techno beat will be performed whilst partaking of copious amounts of beer, schnapps and dead pig. Later I will more than likely find myself in a deserted pool hall in a suburb of Gelsenkirchen where 2 old ladies dressed in latex corsets will be standing although under the flickering fluorescent lights they will look like the daughters of the Gods while a dwarf polishes his body with window cleaner sits in the corners cackling. A man in a trilby hat who insist on me calling him 'Sven, dahlink' will then point me to the glass topped table and all the while I'll be wondering if that is a donkey I can hear braying behind the closed door. I will never drink the Devil's Sperm again....

A full and exotic weekend is planned...

Blimey. That sounds like the Tory Party's Annual Conference!!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    How is the taxi driving business these days?

Edit: nowhere near as cool as the car it replaced - the awesomely named "Space Cruiser":

Probably the same as any other free taxi service aka parent with a partner who cannot drive.

Although it replaces 'datty' which was my awesome bright blue transit van/minibus. Fond memories ... died due to welding issues :-(

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Unpacking the Estima and washing things from last weekend.
    Putting the new licence plate on the Estima.
    Putting the new stereo in the Estima.
    How is the taxi driving business these days?

Edit: nowhere near as cool as the car it replaced - the awesomely named "Space Cruiser":

Last edited by Freamon; 7 June 2013, 21:24.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Lotsa relatives. Pretending to care.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Out to favourite restaurant tonight to celebrate recieving payment of first invoice since my ridiculous misadventure in permieland.

Bah, knowing your taste in food I'm hungry at just the idea of "your favourite restaurant" without knowing anything about what or where you'll be eating!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Out to favourite restaurant tonight to celebrate recieving payment of first invoice since my ridiculous misadventure in permieland.

I'm just glad to be home. Got into ClientCo early (for me) and skipped lunch so I could leave around 4. Turns out the A14 is quite bearable at that time, so I may start making a habit of it

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Footie presentation tonight.

Parkrun tomorrow, but feeling decidedly under the weather, so may give it a miss.

Case of wine delivered today, so at least will have something medicinal to sort me out.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Four inches narrower and no underseal allegedly!
    I have no idea what an underseal is but ISTR it is narrower than the Previa - something about the taxation laws in Japan. Not that I am any kind of car buff!

However, it has 8 seats and a decent boot even with 8 passengers in it so I am happy with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X