• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jury Services claim"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I reckon he did it.

I'm fairly sure he did it.

Unfortunately, there was a tiny bit of doubt, so we found him not guilty.

Both admitted they had sex. Both admitted that he punched her in the face, knocking out some teeth. The question was whether he hit her before or after the sex.
    Maybe it was during sex!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    And to think you could have saved those 5 days by just finding him guilty in the first place.
    I reckon he did it.

I'm fairly sure he did it.

Unfortunately, there was a tiny bit of doubt, so we found him not guilty.

Both admitted they had sex. Both admitted that he punched her in the face, knocking out some teeth. The question was whether he hit her before or after the sex.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    And to think you could have saved those 5 days by just finding him guilty in the first place.
    indeed - if he wore a shell suit and had tattoo's he would be guilty obviously

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    When I did it, half the group had four cases over the two weeks, because they finished early.

I had three days of sitting around reading my book while they hammered out the plea bargaining for two different cases. Then there was a five day rape trial, which wasn't very pleasant. After that, we got the rest of the time off.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    My Son has just come off his:

10 days @64.95 = £649.50
    320 [email protected] =£100.48
    £5.71 meal allowance (he took packed lunch)=£ 57.10

Being young he was happy with £800 - what surprised me was he was on 2 cases - the expectation is you do a minimum of 10 days service so if they finish early they'll move you onto another case
    When I did it, half the group had four cases over the two weeks, because they finished early.

I had three days of sitting around reading my book while they hammered out the plea bargaining for two different cases. Then there was a five day rape trial, which wasn't very pleasant. After that, we got the rest of the time off.

Leave a comment:

• Descartes Dog
    replied
    Thanks for your advice on this - really helpful. I am not out to screw the system but just wanted to make sure that given I'm not in contract that I claim all appropriate expenses for someone in my position.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post

10 days @64.95 = £649.50

Being young he was happy with £800 - what surprised me was he was on 2 cases - the expectation is you do a minimum of 10 days service so if they finish early they'll move you onto another case
    Could you sneak a net book in, pretend to take notes, keep on working, invoice and still claim?

Then come to a judgment call depending on how close together the defendants' eyes are.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

10 days @64.95 = £649.50

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Travel to the court, lunch while there, parking.

There's a list on the court service website of what you are entitled to claim.
    That's hardly the full list that covers word "any".

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Any expenses?
    Travel to the court, lunch while there, parking.

There's a list on the court service website of what you are entitled to claim.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Also, claim for any expenses as appropriate.
    Any expenses?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So what exactly do you think you are entitled to? What have you lost?
    The only thing that the OP can claim for is loss of wages.

So, don't pay yourself the salary you would have earned during this time, complete the loss of earnings form which accompanied the jury summons, and then claim the money from the court service.

Also, claim for any expenses as appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Your Ltd Co will need to give you a "Certificate of Loss of Earnings" form. Then you can claim compensation. But don't expect much. https://www.gov.uk/jury-service/what-you-can-claim
    How do you lose earnings if you're out of contract?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

Where his friend is now nobody can hear him screaming...
    Down the back of an imaginary sofa?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Descartes Dog View Post
    Hi, I just completed a spell of Jury Service and want to claim back what I am entitled to. I am currently out of contract.
    Does anyone have any advice on what I can claim and best way to go about it?
    Thanks
    DD
    So what exactly do you think you are entitled to? What have you lost?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X