• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best Way to Cook Dover Sole"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I would cook them as you found them. Make a grease proof paper parcel, or tinfoil if you've got the money.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I also found this video

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Many thanks for the replies - Video demo duly downloaded

All I need now is a decent filleting knife, as my usual knife was barely making an impression on the things, like trying to cut shoe leather. Any recommendations for a professional chef's fish knife, or should this be in technical?
    A fish filleting knife needs to be a fexlible knife, as in the blade needs to be able to bend. A bog standard sabatier deglon should do the trick, any decent cookshop should have a range.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Many thanks for the replies - Video demo duly downloaded

All I need now is a decent filleting knife, as my usual knife was barely making an impression on the things, like trying to cut shoe leather. Any recommendations for a professional chef's fish knife, or should this be in technical?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    There must be far more entertaining things to do with it rather than eating it. Like putting it down the back of the radiator at the client site for a few weeks, and wait for the smell

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    So did the OP figure it out or is he still floundering?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Don't tell him Pike!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Should have waited until today: How to fillet a flat fish - video | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It was posted in the wrong plaice.

Never mind. I won't carp on about it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I suppose that makes NAT's advice a bit of a red herring.

It was posted in the wrong plaice.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    There must be far more entertaining things to do with it rather than eating it. Like putting it down the back of the radiator at the client site for a few weeks, and wait for the smell

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The fish section had closed - I bought them ready bagged from the discount shelf.
    I suppose that makes NAT's advice a bit of a red herring.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Have the fishmonger clean the fish. Then cook entire in a very hot oven; 280°C is what I usually use. The bones should easily lift out.
    The fish section had closed - I bought them ready bagged from the discount shelf.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    There is a restaurant in Chicago that makes a big deal about the fact that its Dover Sole really is really from Dover and has just been flown in. I never had the heart to tell them what a dirty stretch of water that is.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Have the fishmonger clean the fish. Then cook entire in a very hot oven; 280°C is what I usually use. The bones should easily lift out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X