• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CUK Cookbook

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Cookbook"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    RIP doodab.
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Strange, I was just thinking about him yesterday.

He will be missed.
    Aye, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    RIP doodab.
    Strange, I was just thinking about him yesterday.

We were working together in Munich when I introduced him to CUK. I think it took just a few months and he had more posts than my several previous years!

Great guy, had some really interesting nights with him putting the world to rights and talking tech.

He will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Wilmslow!!!!

Manchester meet up - 13th December!

Bring your swimming trunks!
    Swimming trunks - or thong?.... Will have to check out that meet-up!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Could you forward to me as well if I PM you an email address? I'm liking the sound of that Tex-Mex...

Is the Just Giving account still live for a donation or should we donate direct to MacMillan?
    Wilmslow!!!!

Manchester meet up - 13th December!

Bring your swimming trunks!

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'll fwd you my copy. A donation to MacMillan nurses is always a good thing
    Could you forward to me as well if I PM you an email address? I'm liking the sound of that Tex-Mex...

Is the Just Giving account still live for a donation or should we donate direct to MacMillan?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The original JustGiving page still seems to be active: Contractor UK is fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support
    RIP doodab.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The original JustGiving page still seems to be active: Contractor UK is fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Revival of the dead thread! :zombie:

What happened to this? I only ask cos I mentioned on TPD there should be a CUK cookbook and was kindly advised it had already been done.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I have found a copy of the PDF - some names from the past in there! & the photo of the suckling pig has made me want bacon for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Revival of the dead thread! :zombie:

What happened to this? I only ask cos I mentioned on TPD there should be a CUK cookbook and was kindly advised it had already been done.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Which charidee?
    Macmillan nurses.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Which charidee?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Almost there!

The just giving page will be going live in the next day or so..

Will keep you posted!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    They don't take as much as amazon do.
    But significantly more than VIrgin Money Giving - both in terms of annual fee to the charity to register, plus the charges they take from each donation.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Have you looked at lulu.com?

That gives multiple format options that you can apply so people can choose to get it in a format that they want.

Justgiving takes a chunk from the donation as well - Virgin do a charity sponsorship site which doesn't, IIRC.
    They don't take as much as amazon do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X