• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Schoolgirl error

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Schoolgirl error"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    That picture, with the Anti Bed Wetting advice just below, almost as a caption, is PRICELESS

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
    What if she's...

That tie is terrible, why can't the yoof today know how to do a proper Windsor knot!

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    MSILF doesn't have the same ring to it
    What if she's...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Doesn't work if you're not allowed to take tablets, phones etc into the building with you.
    Pretend you smoke and keep popping out for one

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm a mature student.
    MSILF doesn't have the same ring to it

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm currently on remand for my schoolgirl error.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What a dreadful disappointment this thread is. Where are the 17yo school girls?
    I'm a mature student.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I always have a tablet with 3G access with me for such situations!
    Doesn't work if you're not allowed to take tablets, phones etc into the building with you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What a dreadful disappointment this thread is. Where are the 17yo school girls?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I recently worked on a secure site with no access to internet, google etc. It was really hard work!
    I always have a tablet with 3G access with me for such situations!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Google, the 21st century answer to RTFM

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Client asks me "Is it possible to do abc?"

"Let's have a look," says I and type it into google, with client sitting next to me.

"Yes, we just need to set property xyz" Less than 2 minutes later, it was done.

"I could have done that" says client.

Sorry folks - I think I just gave the game away....
    Been there the answer needs to be swift and confident:

"Ah but I used my experience to find that posting, if it had gone wrong you could have sacked me and used my Liability insurance to claim the costs of the issue! While if you choose to follow goggle without my experience to filter for the right answer and wipe the system out who gets blamed???"

Im sure theres a job for me at PA consulting not that I'd want it after last weeks hammering

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I recently worked on a secure site with no access to internet, google etc. It was really hard work!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    "I could have done that" says client.
    "Why did you bother me with it then?"

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    loolz just had a similar situation here (without client looking over shoulder!)

It amazes me how many people will look for any other option up to and including threats, dummy spitting and other such childish behaviour when all they need to do was google it...
    I used to say that you pay for my expertise and memory. Nowadays you pay for my google expertise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X