• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lost...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lost..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The story is pretty much written though, as it's based on graphic novels (quite closely so far).

A lot of these septic-tank series things suffer from early success and TV channels usually decide after a couple of seasons that it's working really well and ask writers to flesh out and extend. That happened to Breaking bad just after the middle and there was a season or a season and a half that were kinda put there to push the end out by a year or so.
    And then ironically they could have spun the last season or half-season out into at least another season... it was like they dawdled in the middle then were in a rush to get it over.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The Walking Dead

Used to be about smacking zombies

is now a soap opera
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I thought that about the first series of Walking Dead. 5 minutes of zombie action followed by 40 minutes of everyone talking about their feelings.
    TWD was never about the zombies... that's rather the point.

I'm a fan but S1 in particular was not about smacking zombies - a whole episode would go by without anything happening and somehow that was still scary.

The first couple of seasons were also like children's cartoons compared to where we are now - I don't know that's a good change since gratuitous gore and violence gets a bit dull.

I think we're supposed to view Rick as some sort of hero but the longer we go the more he just seems to be a dick who keeps ruining everything!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera
    The story is pretty much written though, as it's based on graphic novels (quite closely so far).

A lot of these septic-tank series things suffer from early success and TV channels usually decide after a couple of seasons that it's working really well and ask writers to flesh out and extend. That happened to Breaking bad just after the middle and there was a season or a season and a half that were kinda put there to push the end out by a year or so.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera
    I thought that about the first series of Walking Dead. 5 minutes of zombie action followed by 40 minutes of everyone talking about their feelings.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    This, started off with an excellent premise and then descended into utter tripe.
    The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Lost is wierd. I think it's kind of crap, but at the same time I'm completely hooked.
    What Younger Me Said.

I binged watched it all again about 2 years ago, and got hooked all over again. It's fair to say the last couple of years got a bit convoluted, and the end was a bit "meh", but still one of my favourite ever TV shows.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    it was all a dream
    FFS. You need to watch it again, or read the directors explanation if you were incapable of working it out for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Did anything happen in the end?
    it was all a dream

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    This, started off with an excellent premise and then descended into utter tripe.
    That sounds naggingly like something else I can't quite put my finger on.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    If only I'd listened.

119 hours I'll never get back.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    If only I'd listened.

119 hours I'll never get back.
    Did anything happen in the end?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    This is no different to all the other rubbish that has been released recently. No end in site, try and wring as much money out of it as possible!

BTW, what are they up to now? I lost interest ages ago because I just couldnt be arsed watching this program go nowhere (sort of like Invasion).

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Lost

I gave up watching about halfway through series one. Too great an investment in time for too little satisfaction.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    The last decent "weird" tv series was Twin Peaks, closely followed by Wild Palms.

Course the film that came after was a bit pants, but what do you expect.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Lost is wierd. I think it's kind of crap, but at the same time I'm completely hooked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X