• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Feck me haven't had such a laff in ages ..."

Collapse

• No2politics
    replied
    Feck me haven't had such a laff in ages ...

Originally posted by Judge Fred View Post
    Thought this was going to be a thread about how you'd seen you're little man in the mirror for the first time in a year!
    No one wants to se an erect penis, unless its in the mirror-RIGHT GUYS?

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... you guys are classic numpties.

I particularly liked the time when eek started gaving statistical advice to Suity.
    Feck me, you've got me going again.

And then there's DP sitting alone in his flat planning world domination through the forex exchanges.

You guys really take imbecility to ever higher levels.
    Thought this was going to be a thread about how you'd seen you're little man in the mirror for the first time in a year!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You are the only joyful facet of my cretins life.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't it sad that he's genuinely grateful for CUK bringing a ray of joy to his life?

His words, not mine.
    You cretins are only one facet of my joyful life.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Isn't it sad that he's genuinely grateful for CUK bringing a ray of joy to his life?

His words, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    My original comment was that I didn't have a clue whether computer trading smoothed or exacerbated movement in forex trading because I neither know or care. The only reason I said it was to show that even I though suity was being idiotic.

Sas stated that this comment was related to stats so I posted what I said in attempt to show that stats wasn't vaguely in my thoughts when I wrote it. Either way but that is a blooming stupid statement from someone supposedly trying to keep markets steady.
    I don't like siding with the SaSmonster either

No one in the city really wants a steady market. Goldman Sachs made all their money back from the crash in not much more than a quarter thanks to its trading algorithms and lots of volatility...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Erm...

Actually it is. trading algorithms read the market and act on emerging patterns, so yes market noise is all about Stats. However don't worry you are in good company! Hactor Saints (head of the FSA) was once heard to say "I am not concerned about what traders do because they will easily cancel themselves out in the long run...." That was an internal meeting with FSA staff about 3 months before Lehmans canceled itself out... The silly *****!
    My original comment was that I didn't have a clue whether computer trading smoothed or exacerbated movement in forex trading because I neither know or care. The only reason I said it was to show that even I though suity was being idiotic.

Sas stated that this comment was related to stats so I posted what I said in attempt to show that stats wasn't vaguely in my thoughts when I wrote it. Either way but that is a blooming stupid statement from someone supposedly trying to keep markets steady.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I don't know why probability is seen as difficult. Either things happen or they don't, so that's 50/50 for everything.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

I particularly liked the time when eek started gaving statistical advice to Suity.

And then there's DP sitting alone in his flat planning world domination through the forex exchanges.

You guys really take imbecility to ever higher levels.
    Careful.

Death from laughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Hardly. The gist of the comment was:-

I haven't got a clue if the result of all that computer trading is to exacerbate or sooth market noise.

That's definitely got nowt to do with statistics.
    Erm...

Actually it is. trading algorithms read the market and act on emerging patterns, so yes market noise is all about Stats. However don't worry you are in good company! Hactor Saints (head of the FSA) was once heard to say "I am not concerned about what traders do because they will easily cancel themselves out in the long run...." That was an internal meeting with FSA staff about 3 months before Lehmans canceled itself out... The silly *****!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Can't be bothered to find the post but wasn't it you who started rabbiting on about "reversion to the mean" and such like .....Holy crap! I'm off again

Please stop!
    Hardly. The gist of the comment was:-

I haven't got a clue if the result of all that computer trading is to exacerbate or sooth market noise.

That's definitely got nowt to do with statistics.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I don't remember discussing statistics any time today. I remember a statement on some things that make up part of the Forex market and the fact I made some money on it a few years back but thats it.
    Can't be bothered to find the post but wasn't it you who started rabbiting on about "reversion to the mean" and such like .....Holy crap! I'm off again

Please stop!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

I don't remember discussing statistics any time today. I remember a statement on some things that make up part of the Forex market and the fact I made some money on it a few years back but thats it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It's lucky I work from home - I'm genuinely hurting from laughter.
    Thank God for CUK - the best medicine on the planet

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    We aim to please the more deluded of the inmates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X