• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's everyone doing for Easter"

Collapse

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    bit off topic but - later this year i hit the big 40 so am planning to do a city break with the boys for beer n skittles...

where though (bearing in mind bear prices!)

How about

Prague
    Villneus
    Budapest
    Krakow?

anyone?
    Too cold this time of year m8.

I would say do Marbella, get on the beach, drink beer cans but it looks like its going to rain all week in that part Europe.

Ibiza looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bummer, man. Commiserations.
    But if its "not right" you may have missed a bullet.

Sad anyway as you had so much investment in it.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Shame as the box idea was fab!
    Ditto, I also thought the box was a wonderful idea - geeky yet romantic.
    Sorry to hear it was not to be.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    North West Outer Mongolia might be slightly colder.

If you're quick, it shouldn't be too late to change your booking.
    Oddly enough if you want lots of snow and ice, it has to be cold. It's due to get up to -3 this week and not below -20, pretty balmy

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A week in a log cabin in Lapland, travelling from/to Helsinki on sleeper train.
    North West Outer Mongolia might be slightly colder.

If you're quick, it shouldn't be too late to change your booking.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    bit off topic but - later this year i hit the big 40 so am planning to do a city break with the boys for beer n skittles...

How about

Prague
    Villneus
    Budapest
    Krakow?

anyone?
    If you are looking for a bear, how about San Francisco?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

How about

Prague
    Villneus
    Budapest
    Krakow?

anyone?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    The cost of living is high, agreed, and the increased tax is also not great, beer is about 8-9quid a pint depending on where you go
    Ouch. I thought the prices on the buffet car in Finland were expensive at €6 but that seems a bargain now.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    stuff
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Shame as the box idea was fab!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    taking some bint to a my chatuea .

musta remember to tell the gardener to turn the heating on so she will get naked quicker.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I thought you were getting engaged
    yes, we were

did she ever open the box?
    yes and no, she used the box, cracked the screen, it broke, I opened the box and proposed the traditional way

Guess you need to change your location in your profile.
    good point, I will

It's been a while since we have had someone to moan about the high cost of living in Scandinavian countries, give us in fondue land a break.

So come on then, how much is a pint of beer?
    The cost of living is high, agreed, and the increased tax is also not great, beer is about 8-9quid a pint depending on where you go, but i like the country a lot and as I have a long term contract here I figure I might aswell stay a while before deciding where to live.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    As my parents are having the kids for the first week of the Easter break Mrs bless & my goodself will be ...... ummmmmm

Gardening
    Mostly Front garden? OR will you be venturing into the back?

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    As my parents are having the kids for the first week of the Easter break Mrs bless & my goodself will be ...... ummmmmm

Gardening

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    quite the opposite, I decided life would be better us not being together, but thanks for the kind words
    I thought you were getting engaged, did she ever open the box?

Guess you need to change your location in your profile.

It's been a while since we have had someone to moan about the high cost of living in Scandinavian countries, give us in fondue land a break.

So come on then, how much is a pint of beer?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Monkfish Wellington not turn out?
    ex gf chef wasn't at that dinner party, that was for a different group of people and I didn't cook monkfish wellington, in the end I went with Trout en papillote which was a big success

Leave a comment:

Working...
X