• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doughnuts for everyone"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's permies for you
    Cheap doughnuts are better doughnuts.

Round here 25 from Morrisons are preferable to 20 from Greggs.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Well there's not much around where I work so I settled for Greggs. And quantity makes up for quality so everyone was happy.
    That's permies for you

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    KK are more like the doughnuts you buy in any random baker in the USA. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Americans are the authority on doughnuts. KK bake fresh every day anyway just like DD.

I'd love to to accept you are the very Einstein of doughnuts after decades stuffing them in your fat mouth, but I think the reality is you're simply a pompous snob who thinks the amount they earn says something about their worth.

Go back to your quince strudel while I chortle about the fact you're calling me argumentative.
    No, you have the last word, I insist.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Doughnuts for everyone

Well there's not much around where I work so I settled for Greggs. And quantity makes up for quality so everyone was happy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Actually you proved his point... everything in the USA is over processed....
    It really isn't. Just the junk, no different to our readymeals.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    KK are more like the doughnuts you buy in any random baker in the USA. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Americans are the authority on doughnuts. KK bake fresh every day anyway just like DD.
    Actually you proved his point... everything in the USA is over processed....

Mind you I remember the Cheesecake I used to eat when at NYC.. ..hmmmmm yummie

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Krispy Kreme are more like cake than real doughnuts, they're manufactured to have a long(ish) shelf life.

If you want an "unprocessed" one try your local bakery, contrast and compare.

FFS, you're an argumentative twunt and that's not a flattering attribute in someone who knows as little as you do. Take this and come back when you know what you're talking about.
    I'd love to to accept you are the very Einstein of doughnuts after decades stuffing them in your fat mouth, but I think the reality is you're simply a pompous snob who thinks the amount they earn says something about their worth.

Go back to your quince strudel while I chortle about the fact you're calling me argumentative.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Krispy Kreme are more like cake than real doughnuts, they're manufactured to have a long(ish) shelf life.

FFS, you're an argumentative twunt and that's not a flattering attribute in someone who knows as little as you do. Take this and come back when you know what you're talking about.
    Hey there Spod long time no see

Agree KK are over hyped... to me always taste over processed. Local bakery or sometimes market stalls sell lovely hot fresh ones which is loads better ... mind you I haven't seen a doughnut market stall for years now... also I am off wheat and sugar

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    They do jam ones. They are just very nice and 5X the cost anywhere else.

Unlike those all-natural doughnuts which grow on trees. Seriously, WTF is an "unprocessed" doughnut?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I quite like Tesco apple-filled ones for the same reason though the quality is erratic... one day they are light and wonderful, the next essentially bread buns with filling.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Asda used to do freshly baked blueberry jam doughnuts. Lovely - a bit less sweet than the standard strawb and lovely and smooth.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Krispy Kremes I hope. D
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    and again.

Proper ordinary doughnut with jam, or possibly ring ones with cinnamon for me thanks.
    They do jam ones. They are just very nice and 5X the cost anywhere else.

Processed sh!te
    Unlike those all-natural doughnuts which grow on trees. Seriously, WTF is an "unprocessed" doughnut?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Jam

I do like KK, couldn't care less if they are junk. I do like good food but you do have to have some guilty pleasures.
    Nigella you ain't.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    and again.

Proper ordinary doughnut with jam, or possibly ring ones with cinnamon for me thanks.
    Jam

I do like KK, couldn't care less if they are junk. I do like good food but you do have to have some guilty pleasures.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Krispy Kremes I hope. D
    Processed sh!te

Leave a comment:

Working...
X