• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Won't somebody think of the children?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Mmmm, Maccy D's....
    Mmmmnnn - tends to be hangover (not that we get many of those these days!!) food for us Saturday afternoon munchies.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's junk, but sometimes you want junk. Although if they'd open In'n'Out I'd live there.
    +1 for In 'n Out I discovered that place when I was in California YUM!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Although if they'd open In'n'Out I'd live there.
    just retired from Amsterdam?

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Won't somebody think of the children?

I'd prefer a Taco Bell...mmm

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's junk, but sometimes you want junk. Although if they'd open In'n'Out I'd live there.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Won't somebody think of the children?

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Mmmm, Maccy D's....
    We're there at least every other week. Kids love it. *shrug*
    I'm always amused at all this McD-bashing. It's no worse and no more unhealthy than any take-away and they probably have significantly better quality control for their food than most restaurants. I'm no huge fan flavour-wise, but I don't mind the place. And I'm passionate about home cooking & baking and good restaurant food.

And in my experience the place is usually packed with the sort of people that, if asked, would vehemently deny eating there.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Mmmm, Maccy D's....

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Re: Won't somebody think of the children?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    It doesn't help that so many did Meja Studies.
    Yeah, that's the common perception. There are however as many who did Biology, Psych, History, IR, Politics, and so forth. I mean, as a Linguist/Speech Scientist with a related career, I don't have too much sympathy for people who can't sell their degree-related skills on their CV. But reality is that there simply aren't enough entry-level professional positions going around to cover the high number of graduates - not even just the 'better' ones.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    The whole point of McD is it's cheap. It's a restaurant FOR the poor[ish].
    No it's not. It's a restaurant for the time-poor.
    When I was a poor student it was a little bit of a luxury to eat there or Burger king.
    Nowadays I avoid eating there because the food is unhealthy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Ahhh but if you are poor so to speak should you be able to afford it?
    Hence poorish. McD isn't full of the poor, it's full of those who have disposable income from parents or the state.

For loads of normal, working, nominally middle class families, McD is a treat. That fact makes it pretty clear they are not exactly rolling in money.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Ahhh but if you are poor so to speak should you be able to afford it?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    they eat in McD's cos they are fooking bone idle and cannot be bothered to cook

even if they could be bothered to cook it consists of putting a ready meal in the microwave and waiting for the ding

if they bought fresh veggies and cuts of cheap meat and made soups, casseroles etc they could eat a lot more cheaply (because that is how ther vast majority of britian used to live) but that requires some sort of time, effort and skill - so we are fooked

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Cos it's full of middle class people?
    Definitely not the case my friend

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    If the poor, are so poor then why is McD's always packed?
    Cos it's full of middle class people?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X