• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Formant...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Formant..."

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    One word of advice, when labour starts and you phone the hospital that you want to come in, DO NOT let them tell you that you are not ready yet and stay home! Go to the hospital and camp out outside the ward!

My cousin recently was in this situation with the labour ward telling her she's not ready and stay home (4 phone calls 15 mins apart each time), 5 mins after the last call, she gave birth at home!

Not entirely true. Sometimes the onset of labour would not mean the baby will pop out the next minute. In most cases the onset of labour is then followed by a few hours of mom in pain etc till the dilation is about 10 cms something (i cannot remmeber). Once the midwife has checked the dilation and knows the baby is ready to come out they then roll you in to the room.

My wife actually preferred to stay at home where we could tend to her and give her this and that and only ended up in hospital some hours later.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    One word of advice, when labour starts and you phone the hospital that you want to come in, DO NOT let them tell you that you are not ready yet and stay home! Go to the hospital and camp out outside the ward!

My cousin recently was in this situation with the labour ward telling her she's not ready and stay home (4 phone calls 15 mins apart each time), 5 mins after the last call, she gave birth at home!
    agree with that, you don't want to give birth in the lift like a friend nearly did.

Get there, get a day car park pass (maternity desk normally do those) take a flask, sandwiches and a book.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Tax advantages?
    New budget year. They've got a bit left, so want to get the babies out on this year's accounts.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Based on the current speed I'll take 1st May.

Realistically is March 29th available being that a contractor never takes time off.
    I think March 29th is taken. Would be a convenient date though as that's a weekend without the stepdaughters.

They'll induce by or before April 5th, I guess. Still hoping it won't be that long to go though.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Did I say 1st March? I meant 1st April.
    Based on the current speed I'll take 1st May.

Realistically is March 29th available being that a contractor never takes time off.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Haha, date revision accepted.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by formant View Post
    Haha, brilliant!

Still not here, hope it shows up soon.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Hopefully your child is born soon as I suspect you're slowly getting a bit fed-up, if so I found the ideal book:

Haha, brilliant!

Still not here, hope it shows up soon.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Hopefully your child is born soon as I suspect you're slowly getting a bit fed-up, if so I found the ideal book:

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    and a head full of hair

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    3.1 kilos

youse metric deniers

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    7lb13oz

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I will have 16lb 4

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Problem with that is, as you can't see what you're doing, you end up with an effect similar to what one would imagine fanny myxomatosis would look like.
    Damn, I had to Google for that one just to see what would come up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X