• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "France invading the UK!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    No way I'd catch something, you haveseen where Miss Hilton has been?
    I'm sure she only visits the very finest STD clinics.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Faced with this choice;

- a weekend in Dover
    - a weekend in Paris

What would YOU do?
    No way I'd catch something, you haveseen where Miss Hilton has been?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you read the history of Dunkirk, if Germany had focussed some effort there they could have taken an awful large amount of the British Army out.

Thankfully they let the British escape and proceeded to Paris asap.
    Faced with this choice;

- a weekend in Dover
    - a weekend in Paris

What would YOU do?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Especially as the British Army lost and ran away as soon as they saw the Germans coming. I suppose Dunkirk wasn't a surrender, but it wasn't much less embaressing.

And the French fought pretty bravely compared to say, The Danes who surrendered in an hour and a half.
    If you read the history of Dunkirk, if Germany had focussed some effort there they could have taken an awful large amount of the British Army out.

Thankfully they let the British escape and proceeded to Paris asap.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    they have been quite a succesful war mongering nation for the last 1000 years - it was only really in ww2 when the rolled over to the germans - and that was probably because they knew they had no chance of winning.
    Especially as the British Army lost and ran away as soon as they saw the Germans coming. I suppose Dunkirk wasn't a surrender, but it wasn't much less embaressing.

And the French fought pretty bravely compared to say, The Danes who surrendered in an hour and a half.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Cheese eating surrender monkeys.
    I was reading something the other day about the most wrong racial stereotypes and apparerntly calling the french that is really way off!

they have been quite a succesful war mongering nation for the last 1000 years - it was only really in ww2 when the rolled over to the germans - and that was probably because they knew they had no chance of winning.

vive la resistance!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Though I suppose it's a bit much to hope they'll capture the English monarch and hold her captive for 10 years as we did to the French king.
    they can pay her hospital bills, result!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Is on my Kindle

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    are the powers that be so concerned about UKIP that they are preparing to take back the UK by force in the event of a landslide election result?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've just finished watching that series on the 100 years war, so it's good to see the French are finally getting some revenge. Though I suppose it's a bit much to hope they'll capture the English monarch and hold her captive for 10 years as we did to the French king.

I like that they called it "Mission Jeanne d'Arc".

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Not for the first time:

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Well yeh, but they'll be made to turn tail and run easily enough. atW setting his squirrels on 'em should do it.
    Cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Well yeh, but they'll be made to turn tail and run easily enough. atW setting his squirrels on 'em should do it.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    After all the recent military cuts, and with most of our forces in Afghanistan, we could all be wearing berets and speaking Franglais!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic France invading the UK!

France invading the UK!

French 'invasion force' lands at Gosport

The 200 soldiers, 43 vehicles, four helicopters, two landing craft and a catamaran, ...
    After all the recent military cuts, and with most of our forces in Afghanistan, we could all soon be wearing berets and speaking Franglais!
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 9 March 2013, 13:53.

Working...
X