• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Let them eat horsemeat"

Collapse

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Dog food is supposed to be fit for human consumption, as dogs will pretty much eat anything and aren't fussy.

Cat food however is a different matter as they are fussy barstewards and will turn their nose up at pretty much anything.
    Unless they aren't spoilt UK cats. I was in Africa at the back end of last year, and a local very hungry cat ate some crusty bread I was feeding it - followed by lots of water and milk.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I only ever ate dog food once, when I was poor. (I will never look at corned beef with respect again)

it made my f@rts stink really, really, bad, but my coat came up nice and shiney

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    All pet food should be human edible I believe.

I look after a friend's cat from time to time and the fussiest wee basturt I've come across. What it ate yesterday it turns up its nose at today, costs me a fortune.
    Its true but more so for dogs apparently.

Thankfully the NorPusses eat what is put in front of them, unfortunately it is a pretty expensive cat fud. Wouldn't feed them iams or whiskas, you might as well give them mcDonalds.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Dog food is supposed to be fit for human consumption, as dogs will pretty much eat anything and aren't fussy.

Cat food however is a different matter as they are fussy barstewards and will turn their nose up at pretty much anything.
    All pet food should be human edible I believe.

I look after a friend's cat from time to time and the fussiest wee basturt I've come across. What it ate yesterday it turns up its nose at today, costs me a fortune.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    A kebab shop I used regularly years ago was closed down when they were found to be adding dog food to the kebabs.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    You go to IKEA once a month?

I become suicidal if I have to go once every couple of years.
    I have a choice?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    I see Ikea have pulled meatballs from their stores. That's a shame I actually liked the meatballs and spuds in their restaurant and was always the highlight of my monthly candle run there.
    You go to IKEA once a month?

I become suicidal if I have to go once every couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Possibly but apart from the ones where horse meat was turned to beef across suppliers I suspect that anyone using it as a filler with Bute was too worried about hygiene.
    I also heard that the Bute (Phenylbutazone) has so far only been found in horsemeat supplied from the UK and sent over to France..

So we must be OK then, because all of our 'mislabelled' horsemeat ready-meals were supposedly produced outside of the UK.... in fact hasn't most come from continental processors, like Spanghero over in Fra.... oh hang on

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I see Ikea have pulled meatballs from their stores. That's a shame I actually liked the meatballs and spuds in their restaurant and was always the highlight of my monthly candle run there.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you are buying these kind of things you're already not that picky. Dodgy supply chain or not, every story I've seen clearly states there are no health concerns (beyond the normal ones with eating crappy food).
    Possibly but apart from the ones where horse meat was turned to beef across suppliers I suspect that anyone using it as a filler with Bute was too worried about hygiene.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Am I the only one greatly relieved to find out that a kebab has got something in it like horse meat?
    A kebab shop I used regularly years ago was closed down when they were found to be adding dog food to the kebabs.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    All of the above except school dinners but never did the frozen lasagne thing or similar frozen processed grub all of which is probably healthier than a 2am kebab
    Am I the only one greatly relieved to find out that a kebab has got something in it like horse meat?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you are buying these kind of things you're already not that picky. Dodgy supply chain or not, every story I've seen clearly states there are no health concerns (beyond the normal ones with eating crappy food).

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Let them eat horsemeat

Much better they carry on starving and eating out of bins.
    I don't think they were talking about those sort of poor. There aren't a whole lot of starving folk in Germany, it's a pretty well run welfare state...

Either way, I don't consider it ethical to run soup kitchens and the likes on food the general population wouldn't touch for good reasons (like the dodgy supply chain in this case).

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    What kind of Scot are you? You never ate a pie at a football match, bought a 2am kebab, ate haggis, bought breakfast at a cheap caff or lunch at a pub? Never ate school dinners or catered food as a student? Etc.
    All of the above except school dinners but never did the frozen lasagne thing or similar frozen processed grub all of which is probably healthier than a 2am kebab

Leave a comment:

Working...
X