• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is wrong with ugly women?"

Collapse

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    just read half and the realised i was bored. did realsie the press are a bunch of twarts though. as in they obviously never read the piece and just regurgitated the DM.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I haven't been able to stand Burchill since she was writing crap at the NME in the late seventies - she is just plain nasty for nastiness' sake. No idea what she gets out of it, but it seems bankable in some way.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mantel's piece is quite interesting and, as you might expect from the Mail's reporting, isn't about Mrs Wales nee Middleton at all - she's mentioned, but so is Anne Boleyn (quite a bit more actually), and it isn't about her either.

Give it a read; if you're going to engage in futile online debate over a piece of writing, it may as well be something well-written rather than the wretched hootings of the Mail: Hilary Mantel · Royal Bodies · LRB 21 February 2013

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    I looked through at least 100 shots of her trying to prove that she was ugly but I can't find any. Will keep looking though!
    Fab bod!

New balls please.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Fair enough. Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.
    I looked through at least 100 shots of her trying to prove that she was ugly but I can't find any. Will keep looking though!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.
    I just had to Google that to double check Mich's facts

Seems he's spot on correct

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    It's just an excuse to run more pictures of the princess, sells papers innit. Count how many pictures of a princess there are and how many pictures of the minger.

Next headline will be that someone calls Kate "ugly" and they will have to run another 10 page spread to "prove" that she isn't.

Fair enough. Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    'ugly cow having a go at Kate' trend in the Daily Wail;
    It's just an excuse to run more pictures of the princess, sells papers innit. Count how many pictures of a princess there are and how many pictures of the minger.

Next headline will be that someone calls Kate "ugly" and they will have to run another 10 page spread to "prove" that she isn't.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    And we know she puts out

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Wow, I didn't think it was possible to get more 'Lite' than Diana

As for Burchill, she looks like a contender for this years 'Gurner of the year' to be held in Wigan as soon as Quasimodo is free

picture taken at SasGurus secret training location - an eco shed somewhere in Slough

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think it's time CUK banned anyone who links to the DM.
    why? most of the long threads start with a DM link.

As mentioned above its to sell papers, next Mantel will be writing a piece entitled 'It's hard being so beautiful'

Remember 'you don't look at the Mantel when you poke the fire', but in this case you don't because your poker might go limp.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    WSS +1

The more "scandalous" stories that are linked to on internet forums/social media sites the more people visit the Mail's website, the more profits are generated.
    I think it's time CUK banned anyone who links to the DM.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Leave Kate alone.............she'd get it!!

Phwoooaaarrrr!!!

And we know she puts out

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    No, it's to sell newspapers, books and advertising space.

HTH BIDI
    WSS +1

The more "scandalous" stories that are linked to on internet forums/social media sites the more people visit the Mail's website, the more profits are generated.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    If my dog looked half as grim as Burchill then I would shave it's arse and teach it to walk backwards.
    As for Mantel, she takes ugliness to a whole new dimension. I have never before seen anyone that ugly with only one head!!

Leave Kate alone.............she'd get it!!

Phwoooaaarrrr!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No, it's to sell newspapers, books and advertising space.

HTH BIDI
    Yep, but with a face like Mantel or Burchill the last thing you'd want to do is get your mug plastered across the papers every day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X