• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is wrong with ugly women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    It's just an excuse to run more pictures of the princess, sells papers innit. Count how many pictures of a princess there are and how many pictures of the minger.

Next headline will be that someone calls Kate "ugly" and they will have to run another 10 page spread to "prove" that she isn't.

Fair enough. Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.
      I just had to Google that to double check Mich's facts

Seems he's spot on correct

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Fair enough. Maybe Burchill and Mantel would like to have a go at the rather delicious Ms Federica Pellegrini, the Italian swimmer, so we could have 20 pages of body shots proving that she isn't ugly either.
        I looked through at least 100 shots of her trying to prove that she was ugly but I can't find any. Will keep looking though!
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          I looked through at least 100 shots of her trying to prove that she was ugly but I can't find any. Will keep looking though!
          Fab bod!

New balls please.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Mantel's piece is quite interesting and, as you might expect from the Mail's reporting, isn't about Mrs Wales nee Middleton at all - she's mentioned, but so is Anne Boleyn (quite a bit more actually), and it isn't about her either.

Give it a read; if you're going to engage in futile online debate over a piece of writing, it may as well be something well-written rather than the wretched hootings of the Mail: Hilary Mantel · Royal Bodies · LRB 21 February 2013

Comment

I haven't been able to stand Burchill since she was writing crap at the NME in the late seventies - she is just plain nasty for nastiness' sake. No idea what she gets out of it, but it seems bankable in some way.

Comment

just read half and the realised i was bored. did realsie the press are a bunch of twarts though. as in they obviously never read the piece and just regurgitated the DM.
                Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                X