• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More client feedback..."

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Sorry mate, I forgot, "You were there, man"!
    He still is.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Shoulders aren't padded enough for Zoot.
    Sorry mate, I forgot, "You were there, man"!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    More like one of these chaps:

Yep, not quite as scruffy as the one on the left, not quite as smartly turned out as the one on the right.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    More like one of these chaps:

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    He lets an ex-girlfriend support their 5-year-old son and still lives with his parents, sleeping in a dingy, blue-walled bedroom that is more aptly described as a closet with a mattress.
    bound to earn everyone's respect.

They wonder why some countries are trucked.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No I was just a sort of semi-house trained country bumpkin, and I still am.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Zoot suits by any other name.
    Yep, but very cool given the circumstances of those chaps; there's quite an interesting history there. Apparently Mobutu insisted that all men should wear Chairman Mao outfits, but the gentlemen of Kinshasa rebelled by wearing very smart and colourful suits, just to annoy him and the habit has now stuck and spread to other African cities.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I have a sartorial plan, inspired by a Congolese gentleman with whom I conversed in a train from Brussels just a few months ago.

I shall dress in the style of Congolese 'sapeurs', members of the 'Société des Ambianceurs et Persons Élégants'

AfricaFeed — The Sapeurs of Congo: Open Gutters and Gucci Loafers

Or would I just look a bit gay?
    Wandering around Istanbul a couple of years back we bumpt into a man wearing a pale peach suit far too often. Including a couple of places that didn't make any sense at all.

He was however instantly recognisable.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I think this may help you get to the crux of the feedback.

Oh Behave!!!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I have a sartorial plan, inspired by a Congolese gentleman with whom I conversed in a train from Brussels just a few months ago.

I shall dress in the style of Congolese 'sapeurs', members of the 'Société des Ambianceurs et Persons Élégants'

Zoot suits by any other name.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So you were a hipster before there were hipsters.

That's pretty hipster.

No I was just a sort of semi-urbanised country bumpkin, and I still am.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Is this your MP3 player?
    No, but I do own a record player and a collection of John Coltrane, Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk on vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    No. However I've noted the 'hipsters' as they have caught up with my individual lack of style in their fashion journey.
    So you were a hipster before there were hipsters.

That's pretty hipster.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    thought not

but it would appear from recent threads that your current employers are looking to

1) Force you to leave
    2) Break your spirit and turn you into a grey permie...

Keep fighting!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    No. However I've noted the 'hipsters' as they have caught up with my individual lack of style in their fashion journey.
    Is this your MP3 player?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X