• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "100 applications, not one call"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    WHS, except I think they should be earning a tenner a week minimum(or no visit from Santa next year)
    Oakum picking, if they can do that in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Cupboard under the stairs, sack cloth and gruel. £5 a week max.
    WHS, except I think they should be earning a tenner a week minimum(or no visit from Santa next year)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You've still got to pay for the soundproofing so the neighbours don't call social services.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Don't be daft. Since when does a housewife have a wage packet to lose?
    'Housewife'? Bloody hell what decade do you live in?? I don't don't know any wife/mother who doesn't have a job of some kind.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You don't have any?

At a very basic level, even if you dress them in hand-me-downs, wash their (hand-me-down) nappies by hand and let them play with cardboard boxes, you either lose one paypacket, or pay for childcare which is a tad more than a tenner a week.
    Don't be daft. Since when does a housewife have a wage packet to lose?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You don't have any?

At a very basic level, even if you dress them in hand-me-downs, wash their (hand-me-down) nappies by hand and let them play with cardboard boxes, you either lose one paypacket, or pay for childcare which is a tad more than a tenner a week.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Kids don't need to be expensive... an extra £10 each a week on your groceries. They'll thank you for it when they're older.
    You don't have any?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    These days with four kids, he'd need to have been on a grand a day for months to have a warchest larger than a match box.

and that's no reflection on Suity, just that taxes and other living expenses in the UK are so scandalously high.
    Kids don't need to be expensive... an extra £10 each a week on your groceries. They'll thank you for it when they're older.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    Well you're on familiar territory

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Well you're on familiar territory

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    CUK naysaying?
    Belittling?
    Scoffing?

I'm onto a winner

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    eBay is no longer the place for bargains it used to be, as others have said people are using it for their main sales channel now

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 as many ecommerce retailers will tell you either you are a brand with the ongoing marketing costs or you sell via Amazon and ebay with your own website secondary (for repeat customers). Personally I wouldn't go near ebay the customers you get there are far more painful than amazon marketplace customers.
    I'm always surprised to hear of anyone buying anything on ebay these days, amazon seems to have taken over that market.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Fook me, wasnt that being done 15 years ago ? Did they not all go down in flames in the dotcom bust ?
    +1 as many ecommerce retailers will tell you either you are a brand with the ongoing marketing costs or you sell via Amazon and ebay with your own website secondary (for repeat customers). Personally I wouldn't go near ebay the customers you get there are far more painful than amazon marketplace customers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Fook me, wasnt that being done 15 years ago ? Did they not all go down in flames in the dotcom bust ?
    Yes but this ones a winner. He's got Suityou02 to dress up in a nappy & sexy undies and take some provocative posts. He then advertises them online and Punters from Japan place orders. Little do they know where those soiled undergarments are really coming from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X